It is summer time, and I am all about that campfire food! Anything that has chocolate, graham crackers, or marshmallows… I am all over it!
These cupcakes are absolutely divine! It’s almost impossible to eat one. The graham cracker crust, and chocolate chip cake is what makes this amazing. Not to mention the marshmallow frosting… Yum.
S'mores Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter
- 15.25 ounces Devil's Food Cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bag or medium sized bowl, mash up the graham crackers until they become a crumb or sand-like texture (I used a plastic Ziploc bag and a roller pin).
- Place the graham crackers in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter until it is complete liquid.
- Pour the liquid butter over the graham cracker crumbs and mix and fold in until fully incorporated.
- Place paper linings into the cupcake holders.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of graham cracker and butter mixture into the bottom of the cupcake liner and press so there are no gaps.
- Bake just the crust at 350 degrees for 5 minutes
- While it is baking, pour the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, water and chocolate chips until it is fully combined.
- When the crusts are done baking, pull them out of the oven and fill the liners with about 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons of cake batter.
- Place back in the oven and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until you can put a toothpick down the center and it comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool for about 30-60 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, melt the 1/2 cup of butter for the frosting.
- Add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla to the melted butter and beat until creamy and smooth.
- Fold in the Marshmallow cream until the frosting is thick and creamy, and can hold its shape.
- Spread over cooled cupcakes, or place in a plastic bag and cut a whole in the corner to squeeze out frosting as desired to decorate.
- Crush graham cracker over the top for garnish, or a Hershey's chocolate square.
- Mixing Bowl
- cupcake tin