I absolutely love a simple, flavorful, and healthy recipe and this is exactly that! With only a few steps, this healthy dinner will be ready in no time.
Ingredients needed for Steak and Potato Kabobs:
- sirloin steak
- fingerling potatoes (or normal potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces)
- red bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- red onion
- homemade marinade (see recipe below)
In order to get the full flavor for the Grilled Steak and Potato Kabobs, make sure you plan ahead, as this will NEED to marinate!
How to make steak kabobs:
- To start, pull out a gallon-sized resealable bag. If you have a double seal bag, that would be the best, I personally love THESE since they won’t leak!
- Next make the marinade . . . the part of the recipe with all the flavor!
- Put the soy sauce, vegetable oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, dried basil, dried parsley, white pepper, and hot sauce (if you like a little kick) all in the bag. Seal it up and give it a shake.
- Cut up the sirloin steak into bite-sized pieces. Once all the steak is cut up, throw it in the bag, seal it, and put it in the fridge for about 4-6 hours minimum (you can go overnight if you would like).
- I like to use sirloin steak for kabobs. It is a leaner choice, grills well and holds great flavor!
- To make this recipe even easier, make this part up the night before, and put it in the fridge. Then, just pull it out when you’re ready to assemble the skewers.
- Pull out those fingerling potatoes and cut them into bite-sized pieces, then place them into a large bowl. Generously drizzle olive oil over the potatoes, and toss them to make sure all of potatoes are coated.
- Make sure to use a microwave safe bowl for the potatoes, then place them in the microwave for 5-6 minutes. Once the potatoes finish test them with a fork. If they are able to be pierced easily they are finished. If not, return them to the microwave for 1-2 more minute increments until they are soft.
The key to grilling potatoes is to microwave them first – that way the insides are warm and soft, but the outsides crisp up on the grill (which is also why they are tossed with oil first).
How to assemble kabobs:
Once the sirloin steak has marinated for at least 4-6 hours, take it out of the fridge and discard the remaining marinade and put it in a bowl. Now that the steak is ready, let’s start assembling the skewers.
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Red onion
Maybe even some pineapple! Just make sure that whatever you use are all cut into bite-sized pieces.
Now that all of the pieces are ready to go, simply grab the steak, potatoes, veggies, and bacon, thread each onto the skewer and repeat. Do this until the skewer is all the way filled.
TRY THESE TIPS
- Try and get about 4-5 pieces of meat on each skewer
- Leave an inch or so on each side to keep from losing pieces off the kabob
- Use metal skewers, they are sturdier and are reusable making them environment-friendly
How to grill kabobs:
For the best results, the Grilled Steak and Potato Kabobs should be made over medium-high heat. Start out with 4-5 minutes on one side, then rotate the kabobs to the other side and continue to grill them for 4-5 more minutes.
Continue to check the sirloin steak and bacon to make sure to achieve the desired doneness. Lastly, remove them from the grill and serve immediately.
WATCH how to make kabobs:
More kabob recipes to try:
- Mediterranean Grilled Pork Kabobs
- Balsamic Steak and Vegetable Kabobs
- Red, White and Blue Kabobs
- Greek Chicken Kabobs
- Grilled BBQ Pork Skewers
- Grilled Island Chicken Kabobs
- Chinese Chicken Kabobs
Did you know that you can find some of your favorite restaurant dishes in our new cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We have taken some of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them at home!
This cookbook includes over 100 copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!