tips on how to make chocolate sandwich sprinkle cookies:
These cookies may look a little difficult, but they are so simple. They only take a few minutes to prepare and cook. The tricky part is not eating all of them.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make these delicious holiday cookies.
-When making this recipe, it’s important to understand that the dough should not be sticky. If it is sticky, the butter was either too softened, or you didn’t add enough flour.
-When mixing both the cookie dough batter, as well as the frosting, I would recommend using an electric mixer. I use my hand mixer, but a standing mixer would also work.
-If you are planning on mixing by hand, we highly recommend using a wooden or plastic spoon for the dough, and a whisk for the frosting.
-As you roll out the cookie dough, be sure that the balls are similar sizes. They will be matching up with each other, and they won’t look as cute or as uniform if they are different sizes.
Change the color of sprinkles depending on the holiday.
Sprinkles are so fun to me. I love that you can change the color of sprinkles, and they suddenly become a cookie for a different holiday.
I use green sprinkles for St. Patricks Day.
I use orange and purple sprinkles for Halloween.
On Valentine’s Day, I make these with pink and red sprinkles.
For the fourth of July, I use red white and blue.
I could go on and on, but these really are the perfect cookies, for any holiday.
watch how to make our other favorite Holiday cookie, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We created our channel, to help our followers, know exactly how to make each recipe.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. Every recipe is tried and true, so you know it is picky eater approved.
If you are looking for more of our favorite holiday cookies, you have to try these delicious and simple, Christmas Carrot Cookies. Watch how to make them, here:
looking for more holiday cookies? Here are a few of our favorite:
CHOCOLATE SPRINKLE SANDWICH COOKIES RECIPE
- ⅔ cup butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 cup sprinkles
- ½ cup Butter or Margarine softened (1 stick)
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl beat butter on medium speed until creamy. Add sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Mix well until combined. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Beat in flour. Dough should not be sticky.
- Fill a small bowl with rainbow sprinkles. Roll dough into a 1 inch ball and then roll in the sprinkles until completely coated. Then refrigerate for about 15 minutes before cooking. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Don?t overcook ? you don?t want the tops to crack.
- Beat butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl with mixer on low. Then add vanilla and beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Spread frosting on cookies with knife, then sandwich them together. These cookies are good to eat without frosting too! Enjoy!
Adapted from: Sprinklebakes.com
have you seen our new cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!