I’m a breakfast food fanatic! I eat breakfast foods at all times of the day because who doesn’t love a good syrup covered pancake or a fresh omelet. Well I’ve recently been trying a few new breakfast foods to add some variety to my mornings, and I’ve found something I just had to share! These French Toast Roll Ups are delicious morning, day and night!
related recipe: be sure and try these delicious PUFF PASTRY BAKED CHURROS – also called Cheater Churros! Great for a snack or breakfast.
Serves: 6 people
French Toast Roll Ups Recipe
Delicious French Toast Roll Ups are the best go-to breakfast recipe for you and your family!
- 6 slices white bread
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Remove the crust from each piece of bread.
- With a rolling pin, roll each piece flat.
- On one half of the flat bread, spread cream cheese and a little jam (depending on how much filling you'd like).
- Roll the bread starting on the side with the filling.
- In a separate bowl, beat two eggs with a fork.
- On medium heat, melt butter in frying pan.
- In separate bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar.
- Dip each roll into egg mixture and place into frying pan.
- Keep rotating the roll until the outside turns golden brown.
- Take off of heat and coat with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Let cool, or serve immediately. We served ours with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
Calories: 217 kcal · Carbohydrates: 29 g · Protein: 6 g · Fat: 9 g · Saturated Fat: 5 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 75 mg · Sodium: 270 mg · Potassium: 114 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 13 g · Vitamin A: 304 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 119 mg · Iron: 1 mg
Questions & Reviews