Our Frozen Creamy Lime Jello is one of our favorite ways to make jello!
If you haven’t noticed by now, we love our Jello recipes!
Growing up, we usually had jello as a SIDE DISH for Sunday dinner – and it was my favorite! Our Strawberry Fluff Jello Salad was the dish I looked forward to the most (have you tried it?! There is a reason why it’s our most popular Jello salad)!
What is jello?
I know that there are some of you who might not know what jello is . . . in Utah, it’s something we are known for serving at parties, potlucks, and dinners. I think we are considered the Jello capital of the world . . . that’s quite the claim to fame! 😉
There was even a couple Green Jello Olympic pins made to celebrate our love of Jello here in Utah!
So the term “jello” is actually a brand name owned by Kraft foods. That term is now used broadly to market all kinds of desserts and snacks.
Most people use the word “jello” when referring to gelatin-based desserts that are bright colors with various flavors (strawberry, orange, lime, etc).
How to make Frozen Creamy Lime Jello:
- Bring pineapple and sugar to a boil on the stove top
- Remove from heat and mix in box of Jello (I used lime, but orange is also delicious
- Add whipped cream and sour cream to Jello mixture
- Pour it into a loaf pan and stick it in the freezer overnight
- Cut into slices and serve!
You could also pour the mixture into popsicle molds and it would make the most delicious creamy popsicles!
Side dish or dessert?
When we were growing up, my mom would always serve our Jello dish as a side dish . . . but as I grew up, I came to realize that it’s usually a dessert for most people.
I personally feel that you could serve it as either and people will be happy with either option. 🙂
Can you freeze Frozen Creamy Lime Jello to help it set?
When making jello, you just need to refrigerate it to help it set up. But if you are in a hurry, you could stick it in the freezer to make it set up even faster.
However, it’s not recommended that you freeze jello because it will change the consistency drastically. The flavor stays the same, but it’s a strange consistency. Trust me on this one!
BUT – this jello recipe is MADE for the freezer! The whipped cream added gives it such a creamy texture – it’s almost like a smooth ice cream.
Looking for more frozen desserts?! Try our Frozen Raspberry Pie!
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Other Jello recipes to try:
- Rainbow Jello Cups
- Cherry Cola Jello Salad
- 5 Minute Jello Salad
- Homemade Jello Fruit Snacks
- Raspberry Pretzel Jello Salad
- Smooth Orange Jello Delight
Frozen Creamy Lime Jello Recipe
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple do not drain
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 ounces lime Jell-o or orange Jello,
- ½ pint whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a saucepan, bring pineapple and sugar to full rolling boil on stove-top; remove from heat.
- Stir in box of jello and let cool.
- In a separate bowl, whip whipping cream (unflavored – don't worry about adding any sugar because this dish is sweet enough). Fold in sour cream to whipped cream, then add to jello mix and whip until it's completely mixed together.
- Line bottom of 9 x 5" loaf pan with wax paper. Gently pour creamy jello mix into prepared pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and freeze for at least 4-6 hours (preferably overnight).
- When ready to eat, remove from the freezer and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Large Bowl
- 9×5 loaf pan
- Wax Paper
- Aluminum Foil