With summer in full swing, I am always looking for fun summer dishes to take to BBQ’s and parties. I came across this dish and thought it was a brilliant combination! The cherries and cola flavor put it over the top.
I love a good Jello Salad. I know what some of you may be thinking, that this is a dessert and not a salad. However, the definition of a salad would say differently. It’s just a combination of ingredients, which is exactly what this recipe is.
If you have never made a Jello Salad before, I highly recommend starting with this one. It is so easy, and so yummy.
Related Recipe: You’ll love this quick and easy 5 Minute Jello Salad Recipe. It’s the perfect side dish!
Diabetic and calorie friendly
I love this recipe, because it is so versatile. There are sugar free ingredient alternatives, for each and every ingredient in the recipe.
If you are watching your sugar intake, this would be a great recipe to make, and use sugar free items.
What other flavors could I make this recipe in:
I love this recipe because it is so simple, and only requires a few ingredients. You could easily switch it up, and try different variations of Jello with different pie fillings.
My favorite jello’s are:
With the citrus jello, you could add mandarin oranges, or pineapple to it, and it would be tasty. You could mix any of these jello flavors with a pie filing of your choosing. A lemon meringue would be delicious with this.
Watch how to make a tasty cherry chocolate dessert recipe here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch our little ones in the kitchen, as they make a simple and delicious favorite, Chocolate Covered Cherries, here:
Looking for more cherry inspired recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies
- Cherry Pie Bars
- Puff Pastry Cherry Turnovers
- Bite Size Cherry Pies
- Cherry Chocolate Nut Bars
Cherry Cola Jello Salad Recipe
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple with juice 1 can
- ½ cup water
- 6 ounces cherry flavored jello mix 2 (3 ounce) packages
- ¾ cup Coca Cola
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling 1 can
- Drain pineapple (saving the juice) and set the fruit aside. In a saucepan, bring the pineapple juice and water to a boil.
- Add jello and stir until it's completely dissolved. Stir in the cola, pineapple, and the pie filling and mix until completely incorporated.
- Pour jello into a large serving bowl or 9 x 11 inch pan. Refrigerate until firm (about 4 hours).
- There are sugar free ingredient alternatives, for each and every ingredient in the recipe. If you are watching your sugar intake, this would be a great recipe to make, and use sugar free items.
- large serving bowl
Recipe source: Taste of Home
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!