What could I pair this recipe with?
I love pasta. If I could live anywhere in the world, it would probably be Italy, so I could eat homemade pasta day in and day out, for the rest of my life.
Not only that, but they have some amazing bread and sweets there as well.
Here are a few of my favorite side dishes to pair with this pasta dish:
We also love to serve our bread and pasta with salad. Here are a few of our favorite salad recipes:
You could really pair it with any vegetable, but a nice fresh crisp salad with some Italian dressing has got to be my favorite combination with this pasta.
I also like to dip my bread in both the pasta sauce and the salad dressing. You can’t go wrong with salad, pasta, and bread.
Watch how to make another delicious pasta dish, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This One Pot Cheesy Chicken Alfredo is so simple and full of flavor. If you are looking for a quick and delicious dinner recipe, we highly recommend this one. Watch how to make it, here:
Creamy Sausage and Tomato Pasta Recipe
- 12 ounces Penne pasta
- 1 pound Turkey Italian Sausage
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Cook the pasta in salted water Al Dente, according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, brown the sausage and drain grease.
- Add the onions and garlic to the sausage and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the entire can of diced tomatoes and the tomato sauce and heat through.
- Pour in the half-and-half and heat through. The longer you cook the sauce the thicker it will get so simmer it until it is the consistency you want.
- Add the basil and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Finally, mix the sausage sauce with the pasta.
- Top each serving with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!