This Creamy Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta recipe seriously tastes like something you would order at an Italian restaurant. With creamy pasta loaded with red peppers, mozzarella cheese, and topped with grilled chicken, it’s as hearty as it is delicious.
My whole family absolutely loved it (which is always a win!), but I loved it because it was ready in less than 25 minutes. The whole recipe comes together while your pasta boils.
It’s a great recipe for using leftover grilled chicken, rotisserie chicken, or when we’re really in a pinch, we use the frozen, pre-cooked chicken and heat it in the microwave before throwing it in the recipe.
Want even more recipe ideas that use already made chicken ?! Try these 45 Cold Chicken Recipes (Best Leftover Chicken Ideas)!
Red peppers – jarred vs homemade
This recipe calls for 12 ounces of roasted red peppers. We almost always used jarred mostly just because of how easy it is (you can see our favorite below), but you can use homemade roasted red peppers.
If you don’t know how to make your own roasted red peppers, remove the seeds and membranes. Broil on a baking sheet, rotating until all the sides are charred. Remove from the oven and cover with plastic wrap until cool, then peel off the skins and slice.
How to make creamy chicken and roasted red pepper pasta:
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. While it cooks, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onion and garlic till soft. Whisk in half and half and chicken broth. Stir in seasoned salt and mozzarella. Lower the heat to keep the sauce from boiling.
Add the chicken and red pepper slices to the sauce. Stir frequently and keep and eye on the heat so it doesn’t boil. Drain the cooked pasta and stir it together with the sauce. Add chopped parsley or basil when serving.
We love to serve our pasta in these perfect pasta bowls.
More quick pasta recipes:
- Spinach and Tomato Tortellini
- 5-ingredient Ravioli Pasta
- Creamy Pesto Gnocchi
- Skinny Chicken Alfredo
- White Cheddar Shells and Cheese
- Copycat Bucca Di Beppo Spicy Chicken Rigatoni
Creamy Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Recipe
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup half and half slightly warmed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers (sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley optional topping
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. While it cooks, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onion and garlic till soft. Whisk in half and half and chicken broth. Stir in seasoned salt and mozzarella. Lower the heat to keep the sauce from boiling.
- Add the chicken and red pepper slices to the sauce. Stir frequently and keep and eye on the heat so it doesn't boil. Drain the cooked pasta and stir it together with the sauce.
- Add chopped parsley before serving.
- Large Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
Adapted from Eat At Home.
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
See how to make another quick and easy pasta dish below:
Questions & Reviews
Stopping by from Think Pink Sundays!
Would luv for my readers to see this awesome idea, will you please join our weekly party
one is regular milk can be substituted but the dish will not be as rich. Another is for one cup of half and half use 7/8 cups of milk and 7/8 Tablespoon melted butter (cooled). Can also used canned evaporated milk. A recipe calling for half and half requires the additional butter fat content it has over milk. So, even if you use canned evaporated milk as a substitute you will need to increase the butter fat by adding butter. Mix about 1 tablespoon melted and cooled butter into each cup of milk used. You still won't get the exact result called for in the recipe but hopefully it will pass.
Good luck with your healthier version of this recipe! :)
-The Six Sisters