Every once in a while, you find a dessert recipe that is pretty simple to make, but looks like you spent hours agonizing over. This Brownie Caramel Cheesecake is just that! The steps are easy, but the end result is a decadent dessert that will wow all of your friends. 😉
Brownie Caramel Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) box Jiffy Brownie Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon cold water
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate fudge topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brownie mix, egg, and cold water.
- Spread in the bottom of the greased pan and bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Melt the caramels with the evaporated milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently, until it it is smooth. Pour 2/3 of the caramel mixture over the baked brownies, reserving 1/3 to pour over the top of the cheesecake at the end.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well between each one. Pour cream cheese over caramel mixture.
- Bake the cheesecake for 50 minutes, still at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let it chill in the pan. Heat the reserved caramel and fudge topping, and pour over cheesecake before serving.