Do you have a bumper crop of zucchini? You have got to make these soft and puffy zucchini cookies filled with delicious cream cheese frosting. Our kids polished them off in no time at all! They were asking for more!! They will never know that these are loaded with zucchini!
Zucchini Whoopie Pie Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs beaten fluffy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups zucchini finely grated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups flour
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter, sugar, brown sugar. Then add in beaten eggs and vanilla. Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and flour. Mix until all blended together. Then fold in grated zucchini.
- Drop batter onto cookie sheet in about the size of a 1 1/4 inch cookie dough ball. These cookies tend to grow during cooking.
- Bake for about 11 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Then mix all of the frosting ingredients together until smooth and frost one cookie. Add another one on top to make a whoopie pie sandwich cookie.