Every year in late summer the zucchini is crazy and growing like wildfire in the garden. There are so many recipes you can make with zucchini. Zucchini brownies, chocolate chip zucchini bread, zucchini banana bread, plain green zucchini – plus it’s a great veggie for picky eaters.
One of our favorite zucchini recipes is our Chocolate Zucchini Bread. It’s a popular recipe along with so many other delicious zucchini recipes.
We love cooking with fresh summer zucchini. It’s very easy to shred with a cheese grater. You don’t need anything fancy. This simple one is perfect, but you can use a food processor or box grater instead if you would like.
These Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bars are the perfect recipe if you have too much zucchini on your hands. This is the perfect dessert or side for your late summer bbq.
Do you need to peel your zucchini before using?
We leave the dark green skin on the zucchinis with most of our zucchini recipes. And did you know that the skin is rich in many nutrients? High in Vitamin C and polyphenols and it has many health benefits. So that’s a WIN for mom!
The skin does not have a different taste than the rest of the zucchini, and we like a little added color in these Chocolate Chip Zucchini bars.
Do you need to squeeze excess water out of zucchini for baking?
You may notice that some zucchini recipes have you squeeze excess moisture out of your shredded zucchini. We drained off as much liquid as we could for these Chocolate Chip Zucchini bars.
Home grown zucchini seems to have a lot of water in it. Place the grated zucchini in a bowl and after about 15 minutes you can easily drain the liquid out. It’s that simple.
We find that if we try to drain excess liquid before using the shredded zucchini in baking, the recipe turns out great.
Items needed for this Zucchini Bar Recipe:
You’ll love the simplicity of this delicious dessert.
- Room Temperature Butter
- Brown Sugar,
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Milk Chocolate Chips
How to make chocolate chip zucchini bars:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Grate the zucchini and let drain in a bowl while preparing the rest of the recipe.
Step 3: Cream together the wet ingredients (butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla) in a large bowl or medium bowl.
Step 4: Add in the flour mixture with your dry ingredients.
Step 5: Then fold in zucchini and chocolate chips. You can add a little extra chocolate chips if you want!
Step 6: Pour batter into a 9 x 13-inch pan that has been lightly sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Make sure batter gets to the edges.
Step 7: Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until it starts to turn golden brown.
Step 8: Cool slightly and then slice and serve.
LIVE VIDEO RECIPES
You read that right! We have a YouTube Channel where we walk you step by step through our tried and true recipes.
Check out more of our delicious zucchini recipes:
- Cheesy Zucchini Sticks
- Rich and Moist Zucchini Cake
- Pizza Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bars Recipe
- 2 zucchini about 2 cups shredded (grated and liquid drained)
- ½ cup butter (softened to room temp)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 11 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grate the zucchini and let drain in a bowl while preparing the rest of the recipe. You'll need 2 cups shredded zucchini.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add in dry ingredients.
- Then fold in the 2 cups shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Place batter into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Make sure the batter is spread to the edges of the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until it starts to turn golden brown.
- Cool slightly and then slice and serve.
- We leave the dark green skin on the zucchinis with most of our zucchini recipes.
- Mixing Bowl
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
WANT TO HAVE MORE RECIPES AT YOUR FINGERTIPS??
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.