Could I use graham cracker crust for this recipe?
You could most definitely use graham cracker crust for this recipe, instead of regular pie crust.
I am all about the graham cracker and this tastes amazing with it.
However, I do recommend placing thin strips of foil around the edges, to avoid the crust, burning. Bake the pie with the foil on, and your pie edges won’t burn.
Is salted or unsalted butter, better for this recipe?
For this recipe, we used unsalted butter, because we wanted to make is as sweet as we could. However, if you only have salted butter on hand, it will still work great.
It may have a little more salty flavor to it, but I doubt it will be noticeable.
What could I top my cookie pie with?
Toppings are one of the most important parts of recipes. I love topping all my desserts with a little extra something, to give it more flavor and taste.
Here are a few of my favorite toppings to put on my cookie pie:
-Fresh Fruit (Strawberries)
-Caramel or Chocolate Syrup
-M & M’s (or your favorite candy bar crumbles)
Watch how to make another one of our favorite pie’s here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. If you are anything like me, I love to watch how to make recipes, before I make them.
This Disney Apple Pie is a must try.
Watch how to make it, here:
Looking for more pie recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Turtle Pumpkin Pie
- The Best Dutch Apple Pie
- Apple Cinnamon Roll Pie
- Easy Banana Cream Pie
- Cookie Grasshopper Pie
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust unbaked
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts. Spoon into pie shell.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack or serve slightly warmed. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Can also drizzle chocolate syrup on top!
- I bought unbaked pie crusts in the refrigerated section of the store and most of them came in packs of two. I just doubled the recipe and made two pies. They are so easy so why not whip up two?
- pie pan
- Mixing Bowl
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!