Ever since I was little, I have loved peppermint patties. This past Christmas, my cute neighbor Shelley brought over her HOMEMADE version and I seriously died.
They were 1,000 times better than store-bought ones, so I hid them in the pantry and didn’t share any of them with my family – not exactly my proudest moment, but hey- you gotta do what you gotta do.
Those patties were totally worth it. I googled the recipe after Christmas and stumbled on this one. It was easier than thought and the end result was delicious.
They may not look as pretty, but they taste phenomenal.
what is the best way to dip candies?
Dipping candies can be difficult, but here are a few tips, that will make it a breeze.
Tip 1: Make sure your candy centers are completely frozen. You will want to be sure they aren’t gooey, because the chocolate you are dipping them in is going to be hot, and will melt the candy centers.
Tip 2: We recommend freezing the candy centers on a wax paper lined, cookie sheet.
Tip 3: Once frozen, heat up the chocolate, and stir continually, to ensure that it doesn’t dry up.
Tip 4: Get a plastic fork, and remove the two middle prongs of the fork, so it is only the two outside prongs.
Place the frozen patty in the middle, so the prongs are holding it up. Dip in the chocolate. Flip, and remove from the chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip off.
Tip 5: Place on aluminum foil or wax paper. Let cool completely. We recommend refrigerating or freezing them. They are delicious frozen.
what is the best way to store these peppermint patties?
These peppermint patties save well. If you are making them a week in advance, we recommend keeping them in an airtight container, and placing them in the fridge.
However, if you are making them for longer than a week in advance, I would place them in an airtight container, and put them in the freezer.
Remove them from the freezer 24 hours before serving them, unless you are wanting to serve them frozen, which is also delicious.
watch how to make another one of our favorite peppermint recipes, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it, just for you. We want to help you create a beautiful dish, that the whole family will love.
We take you through each one of our recipes, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you can be sure your family is going to love it.
These Peppermint Oreo Truffles are truly amazing. I honestly don’t know what one is more delicious. Maybe you could be the judge of that.
Watch how to make our Peppermint Oreo Truffles, here:
looking for more holiday recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Homemade Peppermint Patties Recipe
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ teaspoons peppermint extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and peppermint extract.
- Beat in the powdered sugar just a little at a time, until a stiff dough starts to form and the dough isn't sticky.
- Form into 1 inch balls, then place on waxed paper and flatten with fingers to form patties. Let patties dry at room temperature for about two hours (I turned flipped mine over after about 1 hours to make sure they were evenly set on both sides).
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with shortening, stirring often (you could also melt the chocolate in the microwave- just do whatever you are comfortable with!).
- Remove chocolate from heat.
- Dip patties, one at a time, into chocolate by laying them on the tines of a fork and lowering the fork into the liquid.
- Let cool on waxed paper until set. Place in the fridge so let them set-up even faster (I actually prefer to eat them straight out of the fridge).
- These peppermint patties save well. If you are making them a week in advance, we recommend keeping them in an airtight container, and placing them in the fridge.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Wax Paper
- Medium Saucepan
have you seen our new cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!