How to make a Cinnamon Roll Pie Crust
Do you love pie but hate the pie crust? This dessert will solve all of your problems!
With one can of cinnamon rolls, you get the entire crust done without any extra work. Make sure not to forget to set aside the frosting to drizzle on top at the end of the recipe.
We recommend getting the large cinnamon rolls for this recipe, so rolling out the pie crust is a little easier.
You’ll want to bake your pie crust for 10 minutes before adding your filling, to ensure the crust cooks all the way through.
Apple Pie Filling
If you have followed us for a while you know we love taking shortcuts, especially in baking.
Using apple pie filling in this recipe saves tons of time, and assures a perfectly cooked apple filling each and every time.
If you’re looking to make a homemade apple pie filling, our filling from The Best Dutch Apple Pie Recipe works perfect in this recipe.
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Tips for How to make cinnamon Roll Pie:
This apple pie with cinnamon roll crust has been around our family for a long time! We’ve learned a few secrets to guarantee a perfect Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie each and every time. Here are a few suggestions!
- Grab the big roll of cinnamon rolls. Using the larger rolls makes spreading them into the pan a lot easier and allows for a thicker crust.
- Make sure to use all the cinnamon rolls called for in the recipe to avoid the crust being too thin.
- Keeping the cinnamon rolls cold before you spread them out will keep them from getting too sticky.
- Don’t worry about getting the cinnamon rolls perfect on the bottom of your pan, remember that they will puff up when baked!
- If you decide to use fresh apples, cooking them slightly beforehand will help them soften up in the pie. We’d recommend heating them over the stove for a few minutes.
- Pecans are totally optional! We love this pie with and without them.
- We love to drizzle ours with caramel sauce before serving, it gives it a delicious caramel apple flavor.
More Apple Recipes to try:
We can’t get enough delicious apple recipes. Here are a few of our favorite apple recipes!
- Easy Apple Pie Bars
- Disney’s Apple Caramel Pie
- Brown Sugar Bloomin’ Apples
- Apple Hand Pies
- Warm Caramel Apple Crisp
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?