This is seriously the easiest candy you’ll ever make. A creamy smooth peppermint with a rich buttery taste.
The perfect little dessert for your holiday parties when you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. it takes just minutes to throw together.
The best part is, it is super inexpensive to make.
It also only requires 6 simple ingredients, you probably already have.
If you are in need of a quick treat or dessert, you have to try these simple and delicious butter mints.
I love making these for Christmas, Valentines day, New Years Eve, baby and wedding showers, and for small get togethers.
If you have a sweet tooth like us, you will want to try our Orange Creamiscle Fudge.
what should the texture of my butter be?
It is critical with this recipe, that your butter is at room temperature.
I have tried microwaving my butter a little bit, but that just doesn’t work as well, because some of the butter is fully melted, while the center of the butter, is still cold from being in the fridge.
For best results, we recommend butter that is at room temperature, and soft, but not melted. Your mints will have the best texture, if you follow the instructions, given in the recipe.
could i mix with a whisk?
You could mix these together with a whisk, however, we don’t recommend it. For best results, we highly recommend using an electric mixer. I prefer to use my hand mixer with metal beaters.
It combines best this way. I have tried using a whisk, and the texture just didn’t the same.
what should I do if my mixture is sticky?
If your mixture is a little bit sticky and you are having a hard time rolling out, add a little powdered sugar. Start with a tablespoon at a time.
You can always add powdered sugar, but you can’t always take it away. So start with a little and add more as needed.
Also remember to put a little powdered sugar on your hands, as directed in the recipe.
what is the best way to store these butter mints
Well if you have any left over, you need to store these mints in an air tight container, to ensure they stay soft.
You could also wrap them in in saran wrap.
I like to put mine in an airtight container, and place them in the fridge.
watch how to make another one of our favorite minty holiday treats
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
If you are anything like us, you are going to love this delicious and easy Andes Mint Muddy Buddies.
They only take minutes to throw together, and make the perfect minty, holiday treat. Watch how to make them, here:
looking for more candy recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
Butter Mints Recipe
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 2½ Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ¾ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3¾ cups powdered sugar
- red food coloring optional
- You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer when making these. We prefer a hand mixer.
- Beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Then add in heavy whipping cream, peppermint extract, and salt. Beat until well blended.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix until combined. Then turn the speed to medium high and beat until light and fluffy. (The dough will be crumbly but will come together when squeezed into a ball.)
- Separate the dough in half if you want 2 colors of mints. Add red food coloring to half of the dough and color to your desired shade and stir until well blended.
- Separate each color of dough into 4 smaller balls. Roll them between your hands into ropes. I even rolled some on the counter. You may need to put extra powdered sugar on your hands to prevent the dough from sticking to you.
- Place the long rope on the counter and cut with a pizza cutter or knife into small pieces. I did mine about 1/3 inch long. You can make them any length you want.
- Place the mints on a parchment lined cookie sheet and let them set up for a few hours or in the refrigerator.
- Store them in an airtight container.
- If your mixture is a little bit sticky and you are having a hard time rolling out, add a little powdered sugar. Start with a tablespoon at a time
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!