Cake pops are my jam. They are literally one of my most favorite desserts. They are easy to make, taste amazing, and you can make them for any occasion.
I decided to put a little twist on my cake pops this year for Easter, and make them into eggs. They were so simple and fun. My kids loved helping me decorate these.
These Cookie Dough Easter Eggs taste amazing, and perfect for the little ones to help out with. For the little one’s, they can be a little tricky to shape, if you do it by hand.
Even if they don’t turn out looking like eggs, they are still fun and festive. Once they are in your mouth, you won’t even care what shape they once were.
what other flavors could i make with this recipe?
I love cake pops, as well as chocolate chip cookie dough, so I figured I’d turn these into the perfect Easter dessert. However, you can easily switch up the flavor by making a different cake, and adding a different frosting.
Here are a few of our favorite combinations:
- Devil’s Food Cake with Coconut German Chocolate Frosting
- Lemon Cake with Raspberry or Strawberry Frosting
- Red Velvet Cake with Chocolate or Vanilla Frosting
- Funfetti Cake with Funfetti or Vanilla Frosting
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- White Cake with Fruity Frosting (raspberry, cherry, strawberry, lemon, etc).
- White Cake the Coconut Infused Vanilla Frosting
- Lemon Cake with Coconut Infused Vanilla Frosting
- Chocolate Cake with Strawberry or Raspberry Frosting
Really any favorite cake and frosting combination would be so yummy with these Easter Eggs. We love decorating them with gel frosting, or small Easter candies.
watch how to make another delicious spring dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
Our Pineapple Dole Whips are one of our most popular recipes on this site. It’s not hard to tell why. It is the perfect creamy dessert, you are sure to love.
looking for more easter desserts? here are a few of our favorite:
- Cookie Dough Easter Eggs
- Easy Easter Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Easter Eggs
- Easter Egg Basket Cupcakes
- No Bake Chocolate Bird Egg Nest Cookies
- Snicker’s Bar Easter Train
- Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Cookie Dough Easter Eggs Recipe
- 1 (12.5 ounce) box white cake mix (and materials needed on box to make cake)
- 1½ cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 container frosting
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Colored frosting, sprinkles, candy or dye to decorate eggs.
- Bake the white cake mix according to box directions.
- Let cake cool completely.
- Crumble the cake until it is a fine texture and there are no chunks.
- Add the frosting and chocolate chips to the cake crumbles and mix until the texture is smooth.
- Roll out the mixture with a rolling pin, you may want to do this on parchment paper to avoid sticking, or sprinkle down a little flour.
- Roll out until it is about 1 centimeter thick, and use an egg shaped cookie cutter to cut out eggs.
- Place the egg cutouts on a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze for 2-4 hours, or until they hold their shape.
- Melt the white chocolate according to directions.
- Dip the frozen cookie dough eggs into the white chocolate, scrape off excess chocolate and place back on the parchment paper.
- Do this until all the eggs are coated and place back in refrigerator until set up.
- Decorate the eggs with frosting, candies, sprinkles, or food coloring.Serve and enjoy! 🙂
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!