Grilling season is here, and you are not going to want to miss this simple and delicious chicken recipe. It is full of flavor and only requires a few simple ingredients. This is a grilling recipe that you definitely need to try.
Summer grilling is my favorite part about summer. I love the smell, the weather, and most importantly, the food.
This recipe is a new family favorite. It is sweet and moist, and your family will absolutely love it.
The hint of peach with the barbecue sauce is one of the best combinations. It adds the perfect flavor, and when you grill or smoke it, it just brings the flavor to life.
This dish tastes absolutely amazing and is incredibly easy to throw together. You only need a few simple ingredients, and it’s the perfect summer or fall grilling dish.
Enjoy your last few weeks of grilling. For us “Utahns” winter will be here before we know it.
Tips for making the best barbecue peach chicken:
- Peach preserves. This ingredient is crucial in the chicken. It makes it so sweet and delicious. I love peaches, but who knew peach would pair so perfectly with chicken?
You could also use peach jam, or blended up peaches as well. This substance is a little more thick and sticky, so we have found that it works a little better, and clings to the chicken more.
- Marinade the chicken for as long as you possibly can. We recommend marinating it for a good 24 hours before grilling it, just so it can really take on the sweet peach flavor.
- I also love to add a little extra bbq sauce, just because I want my chicken to soak up as much flavor as it possibly can. The bbq and peach combo is so delicious.
- The secret to moist and juicy chicken is low and slow. You will want to grill your chicken on low, for a longer amount of time.
- You will love the flavor and texture of it.
- Spread on extra glaze after you grill it. I am a total sauce person and usually dip every piece of chicken in sauce, but with this glaze, there is no need for that. It is the perfect chicken and sauce combo.
You will of course want to make a fresh marinade/sauce, and not use the one the raw chicken was sitting in.
I usually just mix a little of the peach preserves with some bbq sauce, and glaze it over the chicken with a basting brush once it is off the grill. So yummy.
Could I make this Chicken Recipe in the oven?
This recipe was designed to be made on the grill. The grill kind of caramelizes the peach and bbq sauce combination, making it taste absolutely amazing, however, you could bake this in the oven.
We definitely recommend grilling this chicken, but you could bake it at 325 for 25 minutes.
We also recommend placing a metal cooling rack on your pan (we would use a cookie sheet for this), and letting the juices drip though, so the chicken caramelizes on the outside, and isn’t so soggy.
Could I make Barbecue Peach Chicken using fresh peaches instead of peach preserves?
For this recipe, we used peach preserves, but you could definitely switch it up and use fresh peaches. We recommend blending up the peaches (taking out the pit of course) and adding it to the marinade mixture, to give it a fresh peach taste.
It won’t have as strong of a peach flavor, but it would still taste amazing.
Watch how to make another delicious chicken dish, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Chicken Cream Cheese Taquitos are simple, full of flavor, and taste absolutely amazing. This is definitely a favorite go to recipe, the whole family will love. Watch how simple they are to make, here:
Looking for more chicken dishes? Here are a few of our favorite:
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
- Cashew Chicken and Vegetables
- Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Copycat PF Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie
Barbecue Peach Chicken Recipe
- ½ cup peach preserves
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine peach preserves, vinegar, ginger, salt, pepper, and barbecue sauce.
- Microwave for 1 minute stirring halfway through.
- Place chicken in a zip-loc bag, or container that has a lid.
- Poor the mixture over the chicken.
- Seal bag or container and refrigerate for 6-24 hours.
- Occasionally turn chicken in bag or container for best taste and coverage.
- Lightly grease the grill before heating.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Turn chicken every 4 or so minutes until fully cooked.
- You could also use peach jam, or blended up peaches as well. This substance is a little more thick and sticky, so we have found that it works a little better, and clings to the chicken more.
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Ziploc Bag