This Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad is topped with feta cheese and is the perfect side dish to any meal!
Light and fresh, this simple salad pairs perfectly with grilled chicken (like our Rosemary Ranch Chicken), pork (try this Smoky Grilled Pork Chop recipe) or fish (this Parmesan Crusted Tilapia is delicious!).
How to make Avocado Cucumber Tomato salad
- In a bowl, gently toss cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions together.
- Add avocado and feta cheese, mixing carefully.
- In a separate bowl, mix together homemade dressing (vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper).
- Pour dressing over salad and toss together.
- Serve and enjoy!
Watch how to make this easy salad from our YouTube Channel:
How to keep your avocado from browning
If you are not serving this dish immediately, do not add the avocado until right before serving so that the avocado does not turn brown.
However, one way to keep the avocado from turning brown is to cut the avocado into cubes and then toss the avocado pieces with a little bit of fresh lemon juice.
I would recommend using fresh lemon juice because of the flavor (the bottled lemon juice can sometimes have a tart or bitter aftertaste, which doesn’t compliment this salad).
What salad dressing goes with avocado?
The dressing used in this salad is light, fresh, and so easy to make!
Depending on how much fresh produce you use, you can double this recipe as needed.
Simply mix together 1 part balsamic vinegar to 2 parts olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. So simple, but it compliments the fresh produce in this salad perfectly!
What cucumbers should be used in this salad?
Any kind of cucumber will work for this salad, but one of my favorite varieties is an English cucumber. These cucumbers are long and skinny and slightly sweeter than regular cucumbers.
They are perfect for salads because of their thinner skin (no need to peel the skin of these cucumbers!) and smaller seeds.
Substitutes for Feta Cheese
Don’t like feta cheese? No worries! Try one of these substitutes instead:
- Ricotta cheese (crumbly like feta, but less salty)
- Queso Fresco (this is a Mexican cheese)
- Goat cheese
- Fresh mozzarella cheese cut into small pieces
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Other avocado dishes to try
If you love avocado as much as we do, try one of these avocado recipes:
- Avocado Chicken Bites
- Avocado Chicken Enchiladas
- Baked Avocado Egg Rolls
- Avocado Baked Eggs
- Avocado Pasta
Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 cucumbers peeled and diced into large chunks
- 2½ cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 Tablespoons red onion minced
- 2 avocados diced
- 4 ounces Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Add diced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and red onion together in a bowl. Toss until well combined.
- Carefully add in diced avocados and feta cheese crumbles.
- Toss gently so that the avocados and cheese do not fall apart.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing mixture over salad and toss gently until combined.
- If not serving immediately, wait to add avocados to avoid them browning.
We used English Cucumbers in this recipe.
- Mixing Bowl (2)