There are some sisters – we won’t name names 😉 – who don’t love fish. I am not one of those sisters. I just can’t get enough of the stuff!
This Parmesan Crusted Tilapia is coated in a thin breading that turns golden as it bakes and is a relatively healthy main dish. Ready in less than 30 minutes, this dinner doesn’t taste “fishy” at all, and it’s a great way to introduce fish into little one’s diets.
I always have a bag of frozen tilapia in my freezer, and whenever I’m in a bind I just throw this together real quick.
Is Tilapia Healthy?
Tilapia is loaded with vitamins and minerals, including B12, niacin, and potassium. It’s also a great source of lean protein.
It is relatively inexpensive, and can be found pretty much all over the world. Some people have reservations about the amount of Omega-6 fatty acids, so it’s recommended you don’t eat it in excess, but it is still considered a healthier protein option.
How to make parmesan crusted tilapia:
- Thaw and wash the tilapia fillets if frozen. Pat them dry.
- Combine crackers, Parmesan, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in a small bowl and mix well.
- On a shallow plate, pour 1 Tablespoon lemon juice.
- Place a fillet on the plate in the lemon juice and sprinkle with desired amount of salt and black pepper. Turn the fillet over in the lemon juice and sprinkle on the other side.
- Place the fillet in the Parmesan mixture, patting it all over to coat.
- Put the covered fillets in a foiled lined baking pan, then spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle a little lemon juice over the fillets, and drizzle or spray them (this is the mister we use and love) lightly with olive oil.
- Bake at 425º F for about 20 minutes or until they easily flake with a fork and edges are browning.
- Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese on top if desired, then serve warm.
Can you use something in place of tilapia?
You can definitely use another type of fish in place of tilapia. We would recommend substituting another fish that isn’t too “fishy” in flavor, like haddock, flounder, or catfish.
What to Serve with Tilapia:
- Easy Broiled Asparagus (pictured below)
- Broccoli and Cheese Orzo
- Rice Pilaf (pictured below)
- Oven Roasted Parmesan Broccoli
- Lemon Parmesan Asparagus
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
See how to make another easy fish dish below: