This Chicken Fajita Salad makes a perfectly healthy and hearty lunch or dinner. The best part is that it only takes 20 minutes to make from start to finish.
We also have a beef fajita recipe that we cook in our slow cooker, so be sure to check that out.
How to make Fajita Salad
- Start by browning chicken in a skillet over medium heat until it was cooked through. To save time, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces before cooking so it will cook quickly.
- After the chicken is cooked, throw some sliced green bell peppers, sliced red bell peppers and red onion into the skillet to tenderize a little. It’s important that the peppers and onion still have a little crunch to them to add some texture to your salad.
- Remove your chicken and vegetables from heat and stir in a little taco seasoning. We used about half an envelope of taco seasoning and it was perfect.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, corn, olives and tomatoes. Top with your cooked chicken and peppers and then serve with your favorite salad dressing (such as a chipotle dressing).
- If you have a homemade dressing you like, that would work great but store-bought works just fine for this recipe.
How long can I store salad in the refrigerator?
Every salad differs, but I recommend only storing this salad for 1-2 days. If you are storing this salad in the fridge, make sure that the chicken and vegetables are completely cooled to avoid it getting soggy.
With any salad, I recommend not dressing the entire salad if you are planning on having leftovers. Set the dressing to the side and allow others to dress their salads individually then store the undressed salad in an airtight container in the fridge.
Can I make this CHICKEN Fajita salad ahead of time?
I love making dinner and salads ahead of time to make things less stressful before it comes time to eat.
This Fajita Salad can be made ahead of time, but I recommend storing the chicken, pepper and onion mixture separately from the lettuce and other ingredients and tossing right before eating it so it won’t be soggy.
Items needed to make this recipe
- Skillet – I love that this skillet is nonstick and the handle never gets hot.
- Cutting Board Mats – With all of the slicing and chopping this recipe calls for you will want a cutting board. I love that these cutting mats are thinner so they are easier to store and wash. I use them every day.
- Glass Salad Bowl – You will need a large bowl to toss and serve your salad in and this extra large one is perfect. It also includes a lid which makes transporting salads to parties and potlucks so much easier.
Related recipe: If you love fajitas, try our Tangy Chicken Fajitas! They are so easy to make and are full of flavor. Marinating chicken, green pepper and onion in vinegar, lime juice and seasoned marinade makes these the best chicken fajitas ever. If you’re looking for a quick recipe try our Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Our other favorite salad recipes
- Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Walnut Pear Salad
- Mediterranean and Orzo Chicken Salad
- Santa Barbara Cobb Salad
- Layered Green Salad
Chicken Fajita Salad Recipe
- 2 cups diced chicken
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- ½ red onion diced
- ½ (1.25 ounce) pkg taco seasoning
- 1 bunch fresh romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup corn
- ½ cup sliced olives
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- Low Fat Chipotle Southwest Dressing or Low Fat Chipotle Ranch Dressing (for topping)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in olive oil.
- Add in peppers and onion until they start to get a little bit tender (you don't want mushy peppers on your salad).
- Remove from heat and stir in taco seasoning.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, corn, olives, and tomatoes. Add in the chicken and peppers.
- Serve with Chipotle dressing.
Whether it’s a green salad or pasta salad, we can’t get enough. Watch how to make our Mom’s Pasta Salad Recipe below: