We are so excited to announce the release of our new eCookbook:
The Best Freezer Meals from Six Sisters’ Stuff!
Inside you will find 75 of our Tried-and-True Freezer Meal Recipes that our families have loved . . . with easy instructions and tips to help make meal planning and prep a breeze.
Get this ebook for only $4.99!
Click HERE to buy it now.
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) can corn, drained
- ½ package taco seasoning (about 1 tablespoon)
- ½ cup salsa
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- If making a freezer meals, label a gallon-sized resealable freezer bag with the title of the recipe and how to long to cook in the slow cooker.
- Dump the black beans, corn, salsa, taco seasoning, and water in the resealable bag and mix until all the ingredients are combined. Add the chicken breasts and zip the bag closed. Place in the freezer until ready to use.
- When ready to cook, remove bag from freezer and place in fridge overnight so that it can thaw. Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and dump bag ingredients into the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours (until chicken is completely done).
- Shred meat and serve however you want (in tacos, burritos, nachos, salads, etc). Garnish with cheese, sour cream, avocado, lettuce, tomato, and hot sauce.
- Put beans, corn, taco seasoning, and water in crock pot and mix together until seasoning is dissolved. Place chicken breasts on top and spread salsa on chicken. Cook on high for 4 hours. Shred meat and serve however you want (see explanation above). Garnish with cheese, sour cream, avocado, lettuce, tomato, and hot sauce.
You can cook this recipe ahead of time, wait for it to cool, and then put it in the freezer for a quick and healthy dinner when you don't have time to cook. Either option of freezing works great.
Equipment needed for this recipe: