Elyse gave me this recipe a couple of months ago from Mom’s old recipe box and it is seriously SPOT ON to what the lunch ladies served! Trust me- you have to try these!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups peanut butter (divided)
- 2 cups oatmeal (not quick)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup margarine or butter, softened
- ¼ cup milk
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla (depending on your taste)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2-3 cups of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar, brown sugar, and butter together. Add the vanilla, eggs, and 1 cup peanut butter and stir to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Spread dough on a greased jelly roll pan (18x13x1"). Bake for 15 minutes (until golden brown).
- While hot spread the other 1½ cups peanut butter on top - it helps to drop spoonfuls all over the top of the bars, then spread after the peanut butter has started to melt.
- Let cool until the peanut butter has become solid again (I usually throw them in the fridge so they set up faster and so I can eat them sooner!).
- While cooling, mix together frosting ingredients with a hand mixer and then spread on top of bars.
We are so excited to announce the release of our new eCookbook:
The Best Freezer Meals from Six Sisters’ Stuff!
Inside you will find 75 of our Tried-and-True Freezer Meal Recipes that our families have loved . . . with easy instructions and tips to help make meal planning and prep a breeze.
Get this ebook for only $4.99!
Click HERE to buy it now.