I have a confession: sometimes, when I am in the mood for baked treats, I go buy the “boxed” versions of them.
You know – those cheesecakes in a box, or Reese’s brownies, or lemon bars? Yep. It happens.
They still taste good – just not quite as good as the “from scratch” versions.
One of my guilty pleasures was always the Magic Cookie Bars.
Suddenly, a few months ago, to my dismay – I stopped finding the “all-in-one” box of ingredients for them!
I have been craving them ever since.
I found a recipe for them, and added a few of my own favorite things to make the perfect Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars.
And these seven layer bar cookies are definitely better than the box version! 🙂
Related recipe: Try our Sheet Pan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars!
Ingredients in Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars:
- melted better
- graham cracker crumbs
- chopped walnuts
- milk chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips
- white chocolate chips
- shredded coconut
- sweetened condensed milk
How to make 7 Layer Bar Cookies:
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Pour melted butter into a 13×9-inch baking pan (I used a glass pan for this recipe).
Spread graham cracker crumbs evenly across the pan, trying to evenly coat the crumbs in the butter.
Add a layer of chopped walnuts, then milk chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and white chocolate chips. Pour condensed milk over all the layers, covering everything entirely.
Top bars with coconut.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is a light golden brown.
So easy and so delicious!!
Other bar recipes to try:
- Copycat Tagalong Bars (just like the girl scout cookies!)
- Best Homemade Lemon Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chex Bars
- Homemade Big Hunk Candy Bars
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars (with mom’s famous frosting!)
Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bar Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour melted butter into a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Spread graham cracker crumbs evenly across the pan.
- Add your layer of chopped walnuts, then milk chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and white chocolate chips. Pour condensed milk over all the layers, covering everything entirely.
- Top with coconut.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is a light golden brown.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!