Thanksgiving is coming quickly! We have already shared how to cook a Thanksgiving turkey, but maybe you don’t need a whole turkey or don’t need to feed a ton of people! Let’s talk about how to cook turkey breast in the Instant Pot.
Pressure cooker turkey breast is one of the fastest ways to cook a turkey breast, as well as capture and enhance the flavor of the turkey. By using the pressure cooker you will be able to get the flavor of roasting a turkey in less than half the time.
Need more ideas for how to cook your turkey?
- Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Turkey
- Easy Marinated Turkey Breast
- How to cook a turkey in a Convection Oven
- Slow Cooker Turkey and Stuffing
Be sure to check out all the other ways that we cook our Thanksgiving turkey, including in the Instant Pot and Air Fryer!
While you’re planning what you want to make for Thanksgiving dinner, be sure to check out our 30 Minute Dinner Rolls, the amazing Grandma’s Thanksgiving Stuffing, a fan favorite Green Bean Casserole, and of course Slow Cooker Creamy Mashed Potatoes are a must.
What Instant Pot do I use?
I have the Instant Pot LUX 6 Quart 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker. It’s basically 6 appliances in 1 – pressure cooker, rice cooker, saute, steamer, cake maker, and warmer.
It’s amazing, probably one of the best investments I’ve made in a while.
How long do you cook poultry in the Instant Pot?
The general rule of thumb for cooking poultry in the Instant Pot is 6 minutes per pound with a 10 minute NPR (Natural Pressure Release).
- 4 lb Turkey or Turkey Breast = 24 minutes + 10 minutes NPR
- 8 lb Turkey or Turkey Breast = 48 minutes + 10 minutes NPR
Meal Planning Made Easy
“I have so much time!”
-No mom ever
Let us give you your time back. With the Six Sisters’ Meal Plans, we do the dinner planning, grocery ordering, and then all you have to do is decide whether to pick them up or have them delivered. With thousands of recipes right at your fingertips, you will find so many delicious dishes that your family can enjoy together.
Check out our plans on Prepear today! Available on iOs, Google Play Store, and Desktop!
What do I need for the turkey breast recipe?
- Turkey breast
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika (you can find it here)
- Italian seasoning
Time to get cooking your Instant Pot Thanksgiving turkey!
Start by drizzling the olive oil all over the turkey breast and rub it in very well. Next, take the smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic measure them out and place them in a small bowl and mix everything together.
Then, take the spice mixture and rub it all over the whole turkey breast. Making sure it’s covered evenly to distribute the flavor.
In the bottom of the Instant Pot, place the trivet (the wire rack that comes with the Instant Pot) with the handles up. Afterward, pour a ½ cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Once the Instant Pot is set up, put the seasoned turkey breast into the trivet. Continue by placing the lid on top, be sure close it by turning it all the way as the Instant Pot will not turn on if it’s not secure.
To start the cooking process, press the MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) button and set the timer to 25 minutes. It will not start right away. Once it is fully pressurized the 25 minutes will show up on the digital screen.
After the 25 minutes is up and the Instant Pot cycle is complete, let the Instant Pot do a natural release. The natural release takes anywhere from 10-15 minutes. You will know it’s done when you hear the pin drop.
Now you can carefully unlock and remove the lid from the Instant Pot.
Next, lift the trivet out of the Instant Pot by grabbing the handles and transfer the turkey breast to a cutting board. Make sure to cover the turkey completely with aluminum foil and let the turkey rest for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into it.
If you enjoy a crispier skin then throw the turkey in the broiler for about 5-10 minutes depending on how crispy you want it.
Then just cut it into slices and serve it with your favorite sides.
If your family enjoys cranberry sauce with your turkey take a look at this recipe if you are up for making it from scratch!
Making cooking simply delicious
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
With our favorite one-pot wings dish or a no-bake peanut butter bar, this cookbook is a fool-proof solution to meal planning. It also features kid-friendly chapters such as Kid Favorites and Kids Can Cook.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Looking for other easy Instant Pot recipes? Try our Instant Pot Honey Glazed Carrots!
Watch how to make it!
We have an awesome YouTube channel where you can watch and make recipes with us! This Instant Pot turkey breast video shows you exactly how to make this delicious and juicy recipe.
Our entire Thanksgiving Menu!
If you are in charge of planning Thanksgiving dinner, here are our favorite go-to Thanksgiving recipes:
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- Grandma’s Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Green Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- How To Make Turkey Gravy From Scratch
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
- Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad
- Easy Sweet Cornbread
- Simple Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
Instant Pot Turkey Breast Recipe
- 4 lbs turkey breast thawed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup water
- Drizzle 1 Tablespoon of olive oil all over the turkey breast and rub it in.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the outside of the turkey breast.
- Add the trivet (wire rack that came with your Instant Pot) into the bottom of the pot. Pour 1/2 cup of water into the pot. Place the turkey on top of the trivet.
- Close the lid and push MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) and set the timer to 25 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot cycle is complete, let the pot do a natural release cycle (should take about 10 to 15 minutes – you will hear the pin drop when the pressure has naturally released).
- Carefully unlock and remove the lid from the Instant Pot.
- Transfer the turkey breast to a cutting board, cover completely with aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into it.
- If crispier skin is desired, broil it in the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Cut turkey into slices and serve.
- Instant Pot
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.