IT’S HERE! IT’S HERE!
Our “12 Days of Christmas” cookbook is finally released!
Get the book HERE!
My husband and I were having a conversation about Tex-Mex food the other day- it’s basically all the same ingredients, assembled in different ways.
And I couldn’t love it more!!
My kids love pizza, so I hyped these up at Mexican pizzas and they were so excited. They gobbled them up and wanted more- that’s a win in my house!
Looking for more Mexican slow cooker recipes?
- Slow Cooker Flank Steak Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Stack
- Sweet Pork Quesadillas
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos
- Chicken Burrito Bowls
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Tostadas Recipe
An easy slow cooker recipe that is prepped in a matter of minutes. Let your family add their favorite toppings for a dinner everyone will love!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 ounce fajita seasoning packet
- 1 green bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 8 (6 inch) corn tostadas
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and place chicken breasts inside. Top with salsa and fajita seasoning.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or 2-3 hours on high.
- Remove the chicken breasts and shred the chicken with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker, along with the sliced peppers and onion. Cook on high for 30 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Spread refried beans on the tostadas, layer with chicken and pepper mixture, then top with your favorite fajita toppings.
- *Additional toppings in photo not included in nutritional information (diced tomatoes, sour cream, shredded cheese)
To turn this into a freezer meal: Add chicken, salsa, and seasoning to a gallon-sized freezer bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible and seal bag closed. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last 60-90 days. When ready to use, spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and dump ingredients from bag into slow cooker. Add 15 ounces of chicken broth in with the frozen food. Place the lid on top. Cover and cook on LOW heat for 6-8 hours (or HIGH heat for 3-4 hours - every slow cooker will cook a little bit differently). Follow the rest of the instructions as written.
Calories: 249 kcal · Carbohydrates: 30 g · Protein: 26 g · Fat: 3 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 54 mg · Sodium: 1215 mg · Potassium: 810 mg · Fiber: 11 g · Sugar: 9 g · Vitamin A: 1654 IU · Vitamin C: 121 mg · Calcium: 191 mg · Iron: 5 mg
- Slow Cooker
Questions & Reviews