Two of the best foods came together to create the world’s best flavor combo. This Tangy Bacon Wrapped Chicken is so easy.
It only takes a few minutes to make, and it’s presentation is breath taking. It requires a few simple ingredients, and its a dish your family will be begging for.
To make it a little easier on you, I’ll explain how I wrapped the bacon around the chicken. I always see bacon wrapped chicken tutorials, and they use toothpicks, but I forgot to grab those at the store.
So, I just decided to try wrapping it without the toothpicks and it turned out more than perfect. The bacon almost cooks into the chicken, so you don’t even need toothpicks.
how to wrap your chicken in bacon:
- For each piece of chicken (mine were pretty big chicken breasts) I placed three pieces of bacon on them, horizontally.
- I then lifted one side of the chicken breast, and folded the bacon ends under the chicken breast.
- I then did the exact same thing with the other side the bacon. (It’s kind of like when you make the bed and lift the mattress up a little, to slide the sheets under it.)
- If this method isn’t working, you can try using toothpicks and wrapping the bacon around the chicken, and fasten it with a toothpick. One of our other favorite recipes is our Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Chicken.
I also found these thin chicken breast filets at my Kroger store. I have also seen them at Costco. I love them because they are thin, take less time to cook, and you don’t have dry parts of the chicken, because it all cooks evenly.
For my bacon, I used maple flavored bacon and I actually prefer it over plain (unflavored) bacon. It added a little sweetness to the recipe.
If you only have regular bacon on hand, that will also work. You could even add a little bit of maple syrup to your regular bacon if you are looking for that extra sweetness.
Our Brown Sugar and Black Pepper Bacon would also taste amazing with this.
what is in the tangy sauce?
This sauce is ridiculously easy. it’s only a few ingredients, and you probably already have most of them.
It’s just a little olive oil, paprika, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and garlic. Mix it in a bowl, baste it over your bacon covered chicken and dinner is done. For exact measurements, scroll down for the recipe.
If you are looking for that extra maple flavor, you can also add a little maple syrup to the sauce, or replace the honey with it. Another one of our favorite maple recipes is our Maple Bacon Sweet Potatoes.
Need a side dish idea? We had some Sesame Green Beans and brown rice with ours!
watch how to make another delicious bacon recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
looking for more bacon inspired recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Skinny Bacon Ranch Dip
- Bacon Philly Cheesesteak Wraps
- Skinny Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- Brown Sugar and Bacon Green Beans
- Healthy Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Tangy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe
- 3-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 9-15 slices bacon (I used maple flavored bacon)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap three pieces of bacon around each chicken breast.
- Place the bacon wrapped chicken breasts on a greased pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, paprika, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and minced garlic.
- Baste the chicken with the sauce (I did this with a basting brush).
- Place in oven and cook for 30-35 minutes or until you cut into it and the chicken juice runs clear.
- Serve with quinoa, rice, mashed potatoes or your favorite vegetable.
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!