What could I replace the Italian sausage with?
I personally love Italian sausage, but I get it isn’t for everyone. If you are looking to replace it, here is what I recommend:
- Chicken Sausage
- Ground Beef
- Ground Turkey
- Shredded or Grilled Chicken
What could I pair this recipe with?
I love pasta and soup, but combine it, and I am in heaven. If I could live anywhere in the world, it would probably be Italy, so I could eat homemade pasta day in and day out, for the rest of my life.
Not only that, but they have some amazing bread and sweets there as well.
Here are a few of my favorite bread side dishes to pair with this pasta dish:
We also love to serve our bread and pasta or soup with salad. Here are a few of our favorite salad recipes:
You could really pair it with any vegetable, but a nice fresh crisp salad with some Italian dressing has got to be my favorite combination with this pasta.
I also like to dip my bread in both the pasta sauce and the salad dressing. You can’t go wrong with salad, pasta, and bread.
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- ½ cup onion diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes do not drain
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 (10.75 ounce) tomato soup
- 2 cups bowtie pasta cooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil for topping
- Cook Italian sausage and onions in a pan on the stovetop until sausage is browned and onions are soft. Drain excess grease and add to a slow cooker.
- Add vegetable broth, garlic, parsley, basil, diced tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato soup to slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Mix to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Add cooked pasta to slow cooker 30 minutes before serving and stir to combine.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil before serving.
- Slow Cooker
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!