Lasagna is a pasta that has stolen the hearts of many, and our slow cooker beef lasagna soup recipe is no different. It is the perfect easy dinner recipe filled with pasta and those Italian flavors that you and your family will enjoy.
Lasagna – who doesn’t love a good lasagna recipe like our slow cooker beef lasagna soup recipe? I seriously love all of the flavors of lasagna, so a good lasagna ranks high for me.
I love it even more when someone else is making the lasagna. Haha. Let’s not lie, the perfect lasagna casserole recipe can take quite a bit of time to put together.
However, with the best lasagna soup recipe (aka ours), making lasagna has never been so easy. This will easily become a dinner the whole family will love and ask for often.
Since we are in the depths of winter, I know this will be a great recipe to make, especially on those nights where you are more than pressed for time. If you want to round out this slow cooker recipe with some sides, I would suggest trying our Slow Cooker Green Beans Recipe (Easy Side Dish), Green Beans with Candied Pecans Recipe, or even some delicious Roasted Parmesan Sweet Potatoes Recipe.
I also love dipping our Easy Homemade French Bread Recipe in this lasagna soup. So. Good.
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Slow Cooker Beef Lasagna Soup Recipe:
- Lean ground beef
- Onion, diced
- Minced garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Black pepper
- Chicken broth
- Lasanga noodles, broken
- Jarred marinara sauce
- Half and half
- Fresh chopped basil (optional)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
How To Make Our Slow Cooker Beef Lasagna Soup Recipe:
To begin making your tasty lasagna soup, begin by heating the ground beef and diced onion in a large skillet over medium high heat until the meat is browned and the onions have become tender.
Then, pour the beef and onions into a colander and drain the grease.
Now, get out your slow cooker and spray it with nonstick cooking spray and the pour in the beef and onion mixture.
Next, add in the minced garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper into the beef and stire it all together.
Once you have the seasonings in the slow cooker, add in the chicken broth and stir everything again.
Now, take the broken pieces of lasagna noodle and scatter them in the slow cooker and pour in the marinara sauce.
Still all of the ingredients together and then place the lid on the slow cooker.
Turn the slow cooker on low for 2-3 hours or until the pasta is cooked all the way through.
When that is done, remove the lid and pour the half and half into the slow cooker and mix everything together until it is well combined.
Then simply serve the lasagna soup in your favorite bowls and top it with some freshly chopped basil and parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
To Make Our Amazing Easy Lasagna Soup You Will Need:
- Slow cooker (THIS is a great one, with plenty of space)
- Large skillet
- Wooden spoon
- Cutting board
- Liquid measuring cup
What to Do if You Don’t Have Half and Half
There are times when I think I know everything I have in my fridge, and there are more times than I’d care to admit that I have been wrong. Haha.
Often that is more with dairy items just like half and half. So that is when I have to get a little creative and either substitute it or make my own half and half.
The Suburban Soapbox has a great article on what half and half is and how to make your own! So, if you are like me and thought you had some, but turns out that you don’t, check it out and see if you have what you need to make your own half and half.
Can I Put Raw Ground Beef in the Slow Cooker?
You can, but most recipes have a step for browning the ground beef first to make sure that it is evenly cooked and the grease is drained. If you put the ground beef in the slow cooker raw, you will want to break it into little pieces first and then make sure that it’s fully cooked before consuming food.
I have found that I prefer to cook it before adding it to the slow cooker because then I can drain the grease off of the meat. However, if you want a recipe that doesn’t require cooking the ground beef before adding it to the slow cooker, check out our Slow Cooker Hobo Dinner recipe.
What Kind of Pasta Should I Use for Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup?
For this recipe we tend to use the traditional pasta noodle if we have it. However, don’t let that stop you from using other pasta noodles.
I definitely encourage using what you have on hand. Don’t worry It will all taste fantastic.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Slow Cooker Recipes to Make Life Easy and Delicious:
- Slow Cooker Nacho Grande Soup Recipe
- The BEST Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Tomato Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup (Cafe Zupas Copycat) Recipe
- Slow Cooker Ham and Bean Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Mom’s Crockpot Chili Recipe
More Ways to Use Ground Beef in the Slow Cooker:
- Slow Cooker Beef Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Beef Taco Pasta Recipe
- Slow Cooker Ground Beef Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
- Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Stack Recipe
- Slow Cooker Texas Chili Recipe
- Easy Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
- Shepherds Pie Chili Recipe
Slow Cooker Beef Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper more or less to taste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 lasagna noodles broken into 1" pieces
- 24 ounces jarred marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup half and half
- chopped fresh basil optional topping
- shredded Parmesan cheese optional topping
- Over medium high heat, cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is translucent.
- Drain off excess grease.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and add cooked beef and onion inside.
- Add in the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and stir to mix in the seasonings with the cooked meat.
- Pour in the broth.
- Place the broken noodle pieces in the pot, then pour in the marinara sauce and gently stir everything together.
- Place the lid on top and cook for 2-3 hours or until the pasta is cooked.
- Remove the lid and pour in the half and half, then stir to combine all together.
- Scoop soup into bowls and top with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese (if desired).
- Optional toppings are not included in nutritional information.
- Slow Cooker
- Large Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Liquid Measuring Cup
Be sure not to miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.