These Slow Cooker Beef Gyros combine flavorful, tender meat, soft pita bread, and creamy sauce for a delicious meal. Plus, the fact that you can cook them in the slow cooker makes this meal easy to prep.
Gyros are traditionally from Greece. They’re the perfect meal to add to your family meal plan. My kids will eat anything with pita bread!
Related Recipe: If you love using your slow cooker, be sure to check out our recipe for the Best Slow Cooker Beef Stew
What is tzatziki sauce?
Tzatziki sauce is a creamy sauce made with yogurt, cucumber, and garlic. It’s often seasoned with other herbs and seasonings such as dill, salt, and pepper. Our recipe also has lemon juice and vinegar to make it just right.
Tzatziki sauce is the perfect way to finish off these Slow Cooker Beef Gyros. Don’t skip the sauce!
Why do you strain the yogurt?
We highly recommend straining the plain yogurt. This will thicken the yogurt and keep the tzatziki sauce from being too watery.
However, many of our readers have substituted the yogurt with plain Greek yogurt and say that straining is not necessary since Greek yogurt has a thicker consistency to begin with. Both options work!
Other toppings for Beef Gyros
We recommend topping your Beef Gyro with lettuce, tomato, and cucumber in addition to the tzatziki sauce. You can also finish off your gyro with:
- Feta cheese
- Red cabbage (thinly sliced)
How to Make Slow Cooker Beef Gyros:
- Spray your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray and turn onto Low setting.
- Pour beef broth in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place steak in the slow cooker and top with onion slices.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Pour on top of meat and place lid on top of slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- When finished cooking, place meat on a pita and top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and sliced cucumbers. Drizzle with homemade Tzatziki sauce or another sauce of your choosing.
Liked these Slow Cooker Beef Gyros?
Here are some more recipes you might like.
HELPFUL ITEMS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- Slow Cooker – This slow cooker has a programmable cook timer.
- Mixing bowls – We love this 4 piece set and each bowl has a tight fitting lid.
- Strainer – This mesh strainer will help thicken up your sauce.
Adapted from 365 Days of Crockpot
OUR NEWEST COOKBOOK
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!