If you have never tried our Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies Recipe, you are going to love them. There is a reason they are famous!
They are perfectly chocolatey, with just the right amount of marshmallows and chocolate frosting.
However, we do think these brownies should come with a warning. If you make them for friends or family, they are going to continue to ask you to make them, and soon enough, you too, will be famous for these yummy brownies.
Our other popular sheet pan brownies are our Texas Sheet Cake Brownies – they are incredible and so easy.I would definitely recommend making these a few hours before serving to allow the frosting to set up completely. We don’t recommend frosting them until they are cool, just so the frosting can fully set up, and not sink or melt into the brownies. This frosting is best served on cooled brownies (or in this case, cooled marshmallows. The best part about these brownies, is that they make a lot! They are perfect for serving a crowd! You will love them!
Could I use marshmallow cream instead, in Mom’s Marshmallow Brownies:
We have only used mini marshmallows when we make our Mom’s Marshmallow Brownies recipe. However, I am sure that marshmallow cream would work just as well, but we do recommend roasting them in the oven for a little bit, either way.
The texture of the marshmallows will be a little different, and they may not hold as well, but I am sure the flavor would still taste amazing. It may also take two cans of the marshmallow cream, to cover the brownies.
Watch how to make our Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies are simple and delicious. Watch how to make them, here:
Looking for more brownie recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Soften margarine and blend in sugar and cocoa.
- Beat together and add 4 eggs, one at a time, mixing after each one.
- Add flour, salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Spread on large half sheet baking pan that has been lightly greased. They are about 18 x 13 x 1 inch.
- Bake 22-25 minutes at 350.
- Remove from oven and cover entire top with 1 package of miniature marshmallows.
- Return to oven for 3 minutes, until marshmallows are soft and puffy.
- Cool and frost with chocolate frosting.
- Mix all ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add more powdered sugar or milk until you reach desired consistency and spread on top of bars.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Baking Sheet
- Medium Size Mixing Bowl