We have been on a lemon kick lately. There is nothing better than the sweet, tart, and tangy lemon flavor in this delicious bread! The Greek yogurt makes this bread super moist! You’ll love the lemon glaze on top! This recipe is at the top of our “favorites” list!
Lemon Yogurt Bread Recipe
A soft and delicious lemon bread loaded with zesty lemon flavor!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 ⅓ cups sugar divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 8x4x2 loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together yogurt, 1 cup sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and lemon extract.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet mixture with a whisk. Then fold in the vegetable oil into the batter and stir until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.
- While the bread is cooking, mix 1/3 cup lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is clear over medium heat. Set aside.
- When the bread is done, cool in pan for about 10 minutes. Then remove from pan and put on a baking rack that is sitting in a cookie sheet. While the bread is still warm, pour lemon/sugar mixture over the bread and allow it to soak in. Let Cool.
- For the glaze combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice and beat until smooth. Pour over the cooled bread.
Calories: 351 kcal · Carbohydrates: 55 g · Protein: 6 g · Fat: 13 g · Saturated Fat: 10 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 50 mg · Sodium: 230 mg · Potassium: 50 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 40 g · Vitamin A: 85 IU · Vitamin C: 4 mg · Calcium: 85 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Mixing Bowl
- loaf pan
Questions & Reviews