I have always considered grilling to be the “man’s job”. Whenever we are grilling for dinner, I get everything ready so all my husband has to do is slap it on the grill.
I had a hankering for steak last week, but knew my husband had meetings at night which left any and all grilling up to me. I mean, really, how hard can it be?
I was totally right. I turned that baby on, and the next thing I knew I was a grilling champ. I felt a little bit like I could have been on Iron Chef with all the flames, smoke and meat.
Anyway, this recipe is so simple and delicious that it can make anyone feel like a fabulous chef. If I can do it, so can you.
Could I add vegetables to these?
Grilled vegetables are the best vegetables. Forget steamed, broiled, or raw. Grilled vegetables are my thing and you will die over how delicious grilled vegetables are with these kabobs. We added pepper and red onion, but you could add any veggie.
Here are a few other favorite vegetables to put on the kabobs. We recommend trying:
- Yellow Squash
- Zucchini Squash
- Red Onion
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Bell Pepper
- Orange or Yellow Bell Pepper
These are also very yummy with pineapple on them as well. We don’t really recommend marinating the pineapple, but just putting it on the skewer, right before you grill it.
what cut of steak would work best for this recipe?
I love all steaks. I don’t know if there has been a cut of steak I have met, and didn’t love. However, some cuts of steak work better for kabobs than others.
For this recipe, I used a sirloin steak. However, you could make these with just about any cut of steak.
I feel like sirloin steak can really soak up the flavor of the marinade, and is also a little thicker that it will still stay juicy and cook perfectly, in the same amount of time the vegetables will be done cooking.
The sirloin steak buys you a little more time, to thoroughly cook the mushrooms all the way through.
Related Recipe: These Marinated Grilled BBQ Pork Skewers are the perfect summer grilling recipe!
watch how to make another delicious grilled recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I love a good grilled chicken recipe, but this Grilled Lemon Chicken is so tender and juicy. It’s also incredibly easy to throw together. Watch how to make this simple grilled chicken dish, here:
looking for more grilled dinner ideas? here are a few of our favorite:
- Mom’s Grilled 7 Up Chicken
- Marinated Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Grilled Tilapia Tacos
- 5 Star Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- Grilled Buffalo Shrimp
Marinated Steak Shish Kabobs Recipe
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds sirloin or flank steak cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red onion cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms cut into bite sized pieces
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a bowl or container. Place pieces of steak in the marinade and pierce with a fork to allow juices to soak into the meat. Cover and store in the refrigerator for at least three hours (the longer the better!). Let skewers soak in water for up to 30 minutes before grilling to prevent them from burning. After meat has marinated, slide alternating pieces of meat, onion, bell pepper and mushrooms onto skewers. Heat grill to medium-high heat and grill for 8-10 minutes, or until done.
- These are also very yummy with pineapple on them as well. We don’t really recommend marinating the pineapple, but just putting it on the skewer, right before you grill it.
- Large Bowl
- Wooden Skewers
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!