I love anything with lemon, especially during springtime! It is so light and refreshing.
I thought that lemon, blueberries and muffins sounded like a heavenly combination for a delicious breakfast (and boy, was I right)!
Lemon Blueberry Muffin Cake Recipe
You'll love this easy cake of lemon, blueberries and muffins. It sounds like a heavenly combination for a delicious breakfast
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter with lemon zest and 1 cup of the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with 1/4 cup of flour, then whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the batter a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk. Fold in the blueberries
- Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray. Spread batter into pan. Sprinkle batter with remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 34-45 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if done.
Calories: 330 kcal · Carbohydrates: 52 g · Protein: 5 g · Fat: 12 g · Saturated Fat: 7 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 48 mg · Sodium: 390 mg · Potassium: 119 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 29 g · Vitamin A: 406 IU · Vitamin C: 10 mg · Calcium: 98 mg · Iron: 2 mg
- Mixing Bowl
- 9 x 9 inch pan