This Slow Cooker Kalua Pork is seriously one of the EASIEST recipes to make and it tastes AMAZING.
My husband and I attended a luau where they served this for dinner- we asked for the recipe and have made it at least a dozen times since.
Kalua Pork Roast, Low and Slow:
When cooking your pork roast, it is important to remember that they cook quicker than most other meats.
Pork can also be a little more dry, although most roasts are a little more tender.
It’s important to carefully watch them as you cook them, to ensure they are not overcooking and drying. Here are some cooking tips for pork chops:
- Cook them on low, for a longer amount of time. This will help the juices soak into the meat, and not cook out quickly. It will also help avoid the meat from cooking fast on the outside, but not on the inside, leaving you with burnt pork.
- Let your pork chops marinade for a while, and even make a little extra sauce to put on the side, to baste them as they cook. In the slow cooker, they are pretty much marinating the entire time they cook, but it doesn’t hurt to spoon some juices on top every now and then.
- Don’t cut into the pork as it is cooking. If you do, make a small incision in the very center to ensure that the meat is done cooking, or a thermometer to see that it has reached the temperature of 145 degrees.
- You also don’t want to open the slow cooker lid if you don’t have to. It’s best to keep all that sweet meat moisture in the slow cooker, for a nice tender pork.
Watch how to make another delicious pork recipe here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
LOOKING FOR MORE PORK RECIPES? HERE ARE A FEW OF OUR FAVORITE:
- Easy Marinated Pork Chops
- Mexican Pork Chops and Rice Bake
- Sheet Pan Italian Pork Chops and Potatoes and Carrots
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast
- Perfect Fried Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Pepperoncini Pork Roast
- Oven Roasted Pork Shoulder
Slow Cooker Kalua Pork Recipe
- 4 pounds pork shoulder roast (fat trimmed)
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (or white rice)
- 1 green pepper diced (optional)
- 2 tomatoes diced (optional)
- ½ onion chopped (optional)
- ½ cup banana peppers sliced (optional)
- 1 cucumber diced (optional)
- 2.5 ounces sliced olives 1 can (optional)
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce (optional)
- Pierce pork all over with a carving fork. Rub salt and liquid smoke over meat.
- Place roast in a slow cooker, cover and cook on low 10-12 hours. Turn once about halfway through cooking time.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and shred with 2 forks, adding drippings as needed to moisten. Serve over rice, topped with your favorite optional toppings and teriyaki sauce.
- Slow Cooker
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!