I have always loved steak. Our Mom’s Sizzlin’ Steak is some of my absolute favorite. My husband and I have been grilling up a storm this summer and wanted to try something new.
This marinade makes the meat so moist and juicy. You are going to love it.
My kids gobbled it right up. It’s simple, full of flavor, and so tasty.
how to cook a steak perfectly over the grill:
I love a good grilled steak, however, it is a little intimidating to me. I usually have my husband grill the meats, because I get scared to burn or over cook meat on the grill.
However, I came across some tips and tricks, to help you perfectly cook your meat, depending on how you like it.
Here are a few tips to remember as you grill your steak, to your perfect preference of doneness.
- Cutting into steaks while cooking them, should be illegal. It makes the steak dry out, cooks the steak longer than you want, and releases all those juices that have been cooking up in the steak, tenderizing it.
Here are a few ways to know when your steak is done cooking (from the outside), to know how it is on the inside.
I also cook all my steaks on medium low temperature. I am all about that low and slow method, to keep the juices inside, and cook it thoroughly, while keeping it tender and juicy.
- Rare: Seared on the outside, with a pinkish red color in the middle of the steak, meaning the edges looked cooked, but the center of the steak isn’t quite a full brown color. The internal temperature should also be about 125 degrees F.
- Medium Rare: Seared on the outside, with a slightly reddish pink middle. It should be a little firm to the touch in the middle. The internal temperature should also be around 135 degrees F.
- Medium: Cooked until slightly firm, and hardened outside, with slight pink center. Takes about 3 minutes on each side to cook. The internal temperature should be around 145 degrees F.
- Medium Well: Internal temperature should be at about 150 degrees F. The edges should be slightly black, and the steak should be pretty firm to the touch. It shouldn’t squish or wiggle in the middle at all.
- Well: Crisp edges with an internal temperature of 160+ degrees F.
HOW LONG SHOULD I MARINATE MY STEAKS?
I love marinating them for at least 4 hours. I prefer them to be marinated overnight, but at least for 4 hours, you should be able to tell an extreme difference.
how often should i flip my steaks?
I prefer to flip my steaks every 3-4 minutes, on medium low temperature. I like mine medium.
To serve, I like to make it a hearty meal, so I cooked up some potatoes and carrots. You could also make a delicious pasta salad.
And of course, we like to have some ice cream afterwards, because it’s barbecue season and summer is in the air.
Watch how to make another delicious grilled recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I love a good grilled chicken recipe, but this Grilled Lemon Chicken is so tender and juicy. It’s also incredibly easy to throw together. Watch how to make this simple grilled chicken dish, here:
looking for more grilled dinner ideas? here are a few of our favorite:
Juicy Marinated Steak Recipe
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds sirloin steak
- Mix all ingredients, but steak, together in a Ziploc bag or airtight container.
- Add steak to the marinade, seal and store in the fridge for 8-24 hours.
- Grill over medium-high heat until steaks have reached desired doneness.
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!