If caramel has always seemed like something you would never make yourself, you’ve haven’t see how easily you can make it in the Instant Pot. This Instant Pot Caramel – Dulce de Leche is so easy, so delicious, and can be used in so many ways.
In October my husband and I traveled to Uruguay. He served a mission there for our church and one of the main ingredients in their recipes is Dulce de Leche.
We brought some home with us, but we were so sad when it was gone. I started doing some research to find I could easily make it at home in my INSTANT POT!
How to make your Dulce de Leche (caramel) smooth
When you first start to stir the caramel, it’s normal for it to have a lumpy consistency. Simply keep stirring until it become smooth and creamy.
Also, you can store the caramel in an air-tight container in the fridge for later use. It won’t harden, but it will be a thick, creamy consistency.
NEver cook with a sealed can!
Never, never, never try to make this with the lid still on the can! Putting a sealed can under pressure in the Instant Pot is dangerous.
Please, be safe. Remove the lid before covering with foil!
How to use your Instant Pot Caramel:
The number of ways to use this Instant Pot Caramel are almost limitless. Here are a few of our ideas, but share yours in the comments:
- Apples: Slice your favorite variety of apples and serve with the caramel to dip. This apple slicer/corer is one of my favorite kitchen tools!
- Ice cream: Drizzle your caramel on your favorite bowl of ice cream.
- Brownies: Brownies aren’t allowed in my house unless theirs caramel to add on top.
- Pretzels: Salty pretzels are always a great choice for dipping in caramel. Spoons work, too, when pretzels are in short supply.
- Ever made poke cake? You could use this caramel on top of my poke cake! Find it here.
Looking for more desserts? Here are a few great ideas:
How to make Dulce De Leche in your Instant Pot
You only need 2 ingredients to make this recipe:
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Remove the label and lid from the can of condensed milk and securely cover the top of the can with foil (you ABSOLUTELY MUST remove the lid from the can which is why we place foil over it once the lid is removed – it is super dangerous to cook a can with its lid still sealed on)
- Add the trivet to the Instant Pot, place the foil-wrapped can of condensed milk on top and pour in enough water (NOT directly on top of the can, but on the sides) so that the can is submerged in the water halfway up (about 8-9 cups worth of water in a 6qt). Note: You can totally do more than one can at once and fit in 2 or 3. The cooking time below will remain the same.
- Secure the lid, hit “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” High Pressure for 40 minutes. Quick release when done, carefully remove the can from the pot (it will be hot), rest on the countertop, remove the foil and let cool for 20 minutes. You’ll see it will have transformed from ordinary condensed milk into a beautiful dulce de leche!
- After 20 minutes have passed, add in the vanilla extract right in the can and stir well for about 2 minutes until it goes from a lumpy consistency to a creamy one (the can may still be hot so just hold it with a dish towel while stirring with the other hand).
WATCH HOW TO MAKE ANOTHER SWEET TREAT
Each recipe on our channel and blog is tried and true, so you know they will be tasty. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. Watch how to make this easy Apple Dump Cake here:
OUR NEWEST COOKBOOK
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!