Join us on Facebook for our latest recipes!I have been on a caramel kick lately. I thought that these would be the perfect fall cookie, and boy were they good! They taste just like a caramel apple!
Apple Cider Caramel Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter nearly melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 7.4 ounces Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Instant Original Drink Mix Not sugar free 1 box
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 14 ounces Kraft Caramels 1 bag
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. It has to be parchment this time.
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, salt, and all 10 packets of apple cider mix until smooth and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract, then mix in the baking soda and baking powder. Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- With a standard (size 50) cookie scoop, scoop the dough scrapping off the excess as you go up the bowl. Flatten the dough slightly in your hand and place a caramel in the center. Work the dough around the caramel sealing well. Place the cookies two inches apart on the sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. After baking, carefully slide the parchment with the cookies onto the counter. Let cool until they are no longer soft but still slightly warm. Twist gently to remove, and cool the rest of the way upside down on the parchment or on a cooling rack.
- After they are completely cool, I would store them in an air tight container and freeze them. Just be sure to get them out a day before or so, so the caramel inside has time to thaw.
- cookie sheets
- parchment paper
- Stand Mixer
- cookie scoop