Ever feel like you get in a food rut? You’re making the same chicken and beef recipes all the time? Well, it is time to get you out of that rut by trying and enjoying this DELICIOUS chicken and pasta recipe.
The rich and creamy sauce that is made to go along with this chicken is absolutely divine! It is a super easy and affordable dinner. I also love that I can cook this whole recipe from the Instant Pot. No need to dirty any extra dishes!
I wanted to quickly share with you some more of our awesome Instant Pot chick recipes before we get to the good stuff. A great go-to recipe is our Instant Pot cheesy chicken and rice recipe, as well as our Instant Pot creamy chicken soup. A fun recipe to spice it up a little bit is our Instant Pot cashew chicken, but don’t worry it’s not too spicy, the kids will still love it!
Our most popular Instant Pot recipe: Instant Pot Loaded Taco Soup! It’s so good.
Find out below everything you need to make this chicken and pasta Instant Pot recipe!
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN AND SAUCE IN INSTANT POT:
- Chicken breast
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- White vinegar
- Tomato sauce (without salt THIS is the kind we like to use)
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Heavy cream
- Green onion
If you happened to forget to go down the dairy aisle and grab the heavy cream, take a look at this homemade heavy cream recipe from Just A Pinch Recipes and give it a shot at making it yourself!
Related Article: My grill loving husband gave these Instant Pot Bone-In Ribs FIVE stars!
Chicken and sauce recipe kitchen necessities:
- Instant Pot (A true necessity! If you don’t have one check it out here HERE)
- Small mixing bowl
Restaurant quality meals right at home!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Let’s get cooking this family dinner recipe!
Start out by grabbing the small bowl and mixing together the salt, Italian seasoning, paprika, and garlic powder. Put the chicken breast in the bowl and toss them until they are completely coated in the seasonings.
Now, you need to turn your Instant Pot on by pressing the “SAUTE” button. Once it is hot enough it will display the word “HOT” on the little screen. After you see this, add in the teaspoon of butter and oil.
Then, place the seasoned chicken breasts into the bottom of the Instant Pot and let it brown for 2 minutes on each side. Then, take the chicken out of the pressure cooker and set it on a plate off to the side.
Now, add the rest of the butter to the Instant Pot, as well as the chopped onions and garlic. Saute the onion and garlic for about 1-2 minutes or until they are soft and no longer raw.
Now you are going to have to deglaze the inner pot of the Instant Pot. You will do this by pouring in the vinegar and then scraping the bottom of the pan to get any food stuck on the bottom to keep it from burning during the rest of the cooking process.
Once that is done you are going to add in the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, paprika salt and pepper to the Instant Pot and stir it together well.
Then, return the browned chicken to the Instant Pot in a single layer. Put the cover on the Instant Pot, make sure to turn it to lock it and have the knob pointing towards the “SEALING” position.
Next, cancel the “SAUTE” mode by pressing “MANUAL” or “PRESSURE COOK” and cook everything on high pressure for 5 minutes.
Once the timer runs out, you are going to let the Instant Pot do a natural release (you just let it sit) for 10 minutes and then you will turn the knob to “VENTING” to finishing releasing the pressure by the quick release method.
After the pressure is released, take the lid off and switch the mode back to “SAUTE” and stir in the heavy cream along with everything else until it well combined and the chicken is coated completely.
Now that the chicken and creamy sauce is done, turn off the Instant Pot and serve it over your favorite pasta!
MAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
We have a lot of our readers ask about dump and go recipes, so Kristen has put together this amazing 4 ingredient chicken taco recipe to share with you!
Check out the video on our YouTube channel along with so many more delicious tried and true recipes!
INSTANT POT RECIPES TO TRY THIS WEEK!
- INSTANT POT CHOCOLATE FONDUE (MELTED CHOCOLATE FOR DIPPING)
- INSTANT POT LOADED TACO SOUP
- INSTANT POT HEALTHY CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS
- INSTANT POT CHEESY PENNE PASTA
- INSTANT POT LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons butter (divided)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups tomato sauce (without salt)
- 1.5 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- bunch of green onion, finely sliced
SEASONING FOR CHICKEN:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- In a small bowl, mix together the 4 seasonings for chicken. Add chicken breasts to seasoning and toss until all chicken is coated.
- Turn on the Instant Pot to SAUTE.
- Once the pot is hot enough, add 1 teaspoon butter and oil.
- Place the seasoned chicken in the Instant Pot and let it brown for 2 minutes. Flip the chicken and let it brown for another 2 minutes. Remove the chicken and keep aside.
- Add rest of the butter to the pot, followed by chopped onion and garlic. Saute onion and garlic for about 1-2 minutes, until it has softened and not smelling raw anymore.
- De-glaze the pan with vinegar. Scrape the bottom of the pot well to release any stuck brown bits (and to prevent getting the BURN notification).
- Add tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper to the pot. Stir well.
- Place the browned chicken in a single layer in the Instant Pot. Cover the pot with the lid. Cancel SAUTE mode and switch to MANUAL mode. Cook on high (full pressure) for 5 mins.
- Let the pressure do a NATURAL RELEASE for 10 minutes. Then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Switch back to SAUTE mode. Stir in the cream and mix everything well to coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Once the sauce looks creamy and chicken is coated well, turn off the pot.
- Serve the chicken topped with the creamy tomato sauce. Serve over your favorite pasta.