If you’re looking for a flavorful filling dinner this Instant Pot Cheesy Butternut Squash Tortellini Soup is for you!
Ingredients needed to make Instant Pot Cheesy Butternut Squash Tortellini Soup:
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced4 cups chicken broth5 cups cubed butternut squash (one fresh butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes OR 20-24 ounces frozen cubed butternut squash )1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 19 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 12 ounces pre-cooked chicken sausage, cut into slices
How to make this Cheesy Butternut Squash Tortellini Soup:
Press SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let it warm up.
Add in the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
Pour in the chicken broth, then add in the butternut squash, thyme, salt, and pepper.
Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and move the valve to SEALING. Press the PRESSURE COOK (MANUAL) button and set timer for 15 minutes.
When the timer is done, move the valve to VENTING and do a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure.
Add in the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese and blend until smooth (either using an immersion blender right in the Instant Pot or pour the contents of the Instant pot into a blender and blend, then pour soup back into Instant Pot.Press SAUTE button and add frozen tortellini and cooked sausage to the Instant Pot with the soup. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the tortellini is cooked and the sausage is warmed.
Serve topped with additional Parmesan cheese.