I LOVE traditional 7-layer dip – it’s probably one of my favorite things to snack on. When we were all together during New Year’s, Camille brought the tastiest 6-layer dip that had black beans (instead of refried) and a delicious layer of Cotija cheese. I fell in love with the taste, and it has quickly become a family favorite. It may seem intimidating, but it is SO easy to make and takes just a few minutes to throw together!
Black Bean & Cotija Cheese 6 Layer Dip Recipe
- 1½ cups sour cream
- ½ packet taco seasoning mix
- 15 ounce can black beans mashed
- 1½ cups guacamole
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup crumbled cojita cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 Tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped (optional garnish)
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and taco seasoning.
- In a 9 x 9 inch baking dish or 9 inch pie pan, spread mashed black beans evenly in the bottom.
- Spread guacamole evenly over the black beans, then spread the sour cream mixture over the top of the guacamole.
- Sprinkle Pico de gallo over the sour cream mixture, then top with crumbled Cotija cheese and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro (optional).