Meatballs are always a hit in our house so naturally this homemade turkey meatball subs recipe was too! The flavor from the homemade meatballs is amazing.
I know you’re probably wondering how to make homemade meatball subs, since I generally use the frozen meatballs, but you will learn how to make delicious homemade meatballs!
The best bread for meatball subs is based on preference really, but we live to serve these delicious meatball subs on some fresh Italian sub rolls, brioche, or even French bread. You will want bread that can hold up to the sauce and not get soggy.
If you are wondering what to serve with meatball subs, well make sure you try our KFC Copycat Coleslaw Recipe, Ranch Pasta Salad, or even some of your favorite tortilla chips with our Easy Blender Salsa Recipe! They are all great side options for these homemade subs.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Homemade Turkey Meatball Subs Recipe:
- Ground turkey
- Bread crumbs
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Dried parsley
- Garlic salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Montreal steak spice
- Marinara sauce
- Provolone cheese
- Sub buns or sandwich rolls
How To Make Our Homemade Turkey Meatball Subs Recipe:
Begin by preheating the oven to 425 degrees.
Then in a large mixing bowl, combine together the ground turkey, bread crumbs, dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic salt, olive oil, egg, Parmesan cheese, and Montreal steak spice.
Once the meat is all mixed together, form small 1 ½ inch sized balls and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
After all the balls have been rolled, place the sheet in the oven and bake them for 15 minutes, or until they are cooked all the way through.
Then slice the buns in half or open the subs and place a slice of provolone cheese on the top and place the buns in the broiler to give them a nice golden brown toasting and the cheese melts.
While the meatballs are still cooking, pour the marinara sauce in a large pan and heat it over low-medium heat.
After you pull the rolls out of the broiler, place 3-4 meatballs on the bottom bun and then smother it in the warmed marinara sauce.
Then place the top on and enjoy!
Related Recipe: Need more Meatball recipes?! Try these 5 Ingredient Meatball Subs!
To Make Delicious Homemade Meatball Sub Recipe You Will Need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet (I like THESE ones)
- Large saucepan
What Else Can You Serve Meatball Subs With?
I know meatball subs might be a little bit harder to imagine what you can serve with it to make it into a full meal so I did give you some suggestions earlier, but why don’t you take a look at Insanely Good Recipes list of 9 ideas to serve with meatball subs if you want more dishes to choose from.
However, you don’t even have to serve these turkey meatball subs with anything if you don’t feel like it! They make a great meal all by themselves.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
More Ideas to Serve With Meatball Subs:
- Apple Cranberry Walnut Green Chopped Salad
- Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Baked Broccoli Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 20 Minute Tuscan Pasta
- Loaded Broccoli Salad
Homemade Turkey Meatball Subs Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 16 slices Provolone cheese
- 8 buns or sandwich rolls
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together turkey, bread crumbs, basil, oregano, parsley, garlic salt, Parmesan cheese, egg, olive oil, and steak spice. Form meat mixture into 1-1/2" meatballs and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Slice buns in half and place on a baking tray. Place two slices of provolone cheese on the top half of each bun. Preheat oven to broil and lightly toast buns until golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Warm marinara sauce in a large saucepan over low-medium heat or in the microwave until heated through.
- Top the bottom half of each toasted bun with 3-4 meatballs, cover in marinara sauce and replace the top half of each bun.
- The best bread for meatball subs is based on preference really, but we live to serve these delicious meatball subs on some fresh Italian sub rolls, brioche, or even French bread. You will want bread that can hold up to the sauce and not get soggy.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Large Saucepan
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.