When these subs are broiled in the oven a few minutes before serving it adds that special ?finished? look and taste, like you spent all day slaving away, making them for your family. Only we will know the truth! 😉
5-Ingredient Meatball Subs Recipe
- 24 frozen meatballs
- 24 ounces pasta sauce
- 4 slices Provolone cheese cut in half
- 4 submarine rolls
- fresh basil or lettuce for garnish (optional)
- Heat meatballs according to package directions.
- In a large sauce pan, heat spaghetti sauce over medium-heat until warm.
- Add in cooked meatballs and let it simmer until heated through.
- Place 6 meatballs, with sauce, on an open roll, top with cheese slices, then place on a baking sheet. Repeat 3 times.
- Broil sandwiches for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the bread starts to turn golden.
- Top with lettuce (optional). Serve warm.