Calling all pasta lovers! Now you can have your alfredo sauce and not feel guilty eating it! This recipe has become a family favorite.
The Best Homemade Alfredo Sauce- made healthier!
Our secret to the best homemade alfredo sauce is using cream cheese and parmesan cheese.
Even though this is a healthier version of chicken alfredo, this alfredo sauce is so creamy and flavorful that you won’t even know you are saving yourself some extra calories.
So many other alfredo sauces are filled with heavy cream and tons of butter. This healthier chicken alfredo sauce only has 1 tablespoon of butter!
The flavor in this Skinny Alfredo Sauce comes from sautéing a little butter and garlic together before adding a cheese and milk mixture.
How to make healthy Chicken Alfredo:
My husband and I have been trying to eat healthier and love pasta.
Rather than sacrificing flavor, I lightened up our family’s favorite chicken alfredo recipe to make a homemade alfredo sauce that was lower in fat and calories.
My husband said it was the best homemade chicken alfredo I have ever made!
I started by placing milk, low fat cream cheese, flour and salt in a blender and blended it until it was completely smooth.
Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, I melted a tablespoon of butter and some garlic for a minute then whisked in the blended milk mixture, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes.
Continue stirring the sauce over heat until it reaches your desired thickness, then mix in some parmesan cheese and cooked chicken and toss it all together.
I served this Skinny Chicken Alfredo Sauce over fettuccine noodles, topped with some fresh parsley and served. Quick, easy and delicious!
Other Chicken Alfredo ingredients:
Try tossing some of these ingredients in your chicken alfredo before serving for some more flavor and texture! I love adding vegetables to our Skinny Chicken Alfredo to help my kids eat a little better.
- steamed broccoli
- cooked asparagus
- roasted red peppers
- sun-dried tomatoes
- cooked peas
Other delicious Alfredo recipes:
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo French Bread Pizza
- Chicken Alfredo Dip
- Chicken Asparagus Fettuccine Alfredo
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Healthier Chicken Alfredo Recipe (Lightened Up)
- 2 1/2 cups low fat milk
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and sliced
- 8 ounces fettucine pasta cooked
- 1 bunch fresh parsley for garnish
- Place milk, cream cheese, flour and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute garlic for 1 minute.
- Add milk mixture to the pan and stir constantly for 3-5 minutes or until it begins to simmer.
- Continue stirring over heat for a few minutes until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Add cheese and cooked chicken and toss together.
- Pour over prepared pasta and serve.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?