This easy skillet dinner comes together in a matter of minutes. It’s low in carbs, high in protein, and loaded with vegetables. We added cheese on top, but you can leave it off if you prefer.
how to make Ground turkey vegetable Mexican skillet
Step 1: In a large skillet, brown ground turkey over medium heat until no longer pink. If you don’t like ground turkey, you could also use ground beef.
Whether you use ground beef or ground turkey, we recommend rinsing and draining your meat. I just run mine under warm water, then let it strain through a spatula. You could also use a strainer if you prefer.
Step 2: Add onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, garlic, and salt and pepper and saute until vegetables are tender. I love this recipe, because I add any vegetables I have in my fridge and need to use.
I’ve used olives, carrots, cucumbers, celery, corn, and so many others. This recipe is so versatile and easy that you can make it work for your family, depending on what vegetables they like.
Step 3: Add salsa and remaining spices, cover, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. My kids prefer mild salsa because their mouths are a little weaker than my husbands.
Step 4: Add the zucchini, then cover and cook for about 10 more minutes over low heat or until the zucchini is tender.
Step 5: Remove lid and sprinkle cheese on top. Serve.
My kids love to put a little ketchup on theirs. I prefer topping mine off with a little bit of salsa. If you need a good salsa recipe, check out our Chili’s Copycat Salsa, here.
My husband likes to top his off with sour cream and guacamole. If you have never made homemade guacamole, you need to try our, Easy Guacamole Recipe.
looking for more healthy dinner ideas?
If you are looking for lightened up versions of your favorite recipes, be sure to check out our Weekly Healthy Menu Plan where we email you 6 dinners, 2 side dishes, and 1 healthier dessert each week!
here are a few more ground turkey recipes you will love:
- Ground Turkey Greek Tacos with Tzatziki Sauce
- Ground Turkey Sausage Ravioli Soup
- Ground Turkey Spaghetti Sauce
- Ground Turkey Lasagna Stuffed Peppers
And if you need help losing weight and still want to eat delicious food that your family will love, be sure to check out our 1500 Calorie 14-Day Eating Plan for Busy Moms!
Ground Turkey Mexican Vegetable Skillet Recipe
- 1½ lbs lean ground turkey
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cups chunky salsa
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 zucchini sliced and quartered
- ½ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- In a large skillet, brown ground turkey over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté until vegetables are tender. Add salsa and remaining spices, cover, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini, then cover and cook for 10 more minutes over low heat or until the zucchini is tender.
- Remove lid and sprinkle cheese on top and serve.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!