We have pizza every weekend! We live right around the corner from a Papa John’s and we eat there more than I probably should admit! I found a copycat recipe and knew we had to give it a whirl. It was so delicious and the sauce was amazing!
Serves: 3 pizzas
Copycat Papa John's Pizza Recipe
I found a copycat recipe and knew we had to give it a whirl. It was so delicious and the sauce was amazing!
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 6¾ teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 3 cups very warm water (120 to 130 degrees F)
- 6 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cans tomato puree (10.34 ounces each)
- ¾ cups water
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- ⅜ teaspoon basil
- ⅜ teaspoon thyme
- ⅜ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt. Gradually add water and oil to mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened, then beat for 2 minutes at medium speed until dough pulls away from sides of the bowl. On a lightly floured surface, knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest in a warm place for 15 minutes. Press out dough onto 3 pizza pans. Poke the dough randomly with a fork. Let rise again in a warm place for 10-15 minutes. Brush crusts lightly with oil and bake them for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and top as desired. Bake for 4-5 more minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Calories: 1754 kcal · Carbohydrates: 310 g · Protein: 48 g · Fat: 38 g · Saturated Fat: 24 g · Sodium: 1816 mg · Potassium: 1375 mg · Fiber: 20 g · Sugar: 37 g · Vitamin A: 888 IU · Vitamin C: 19 mg · Calcium: 101 mg · Iron: 19 mg
- Large Bowl
- Stand Mixer
- Pizza Pans (3)
(Recipe from Food.com)