In our house, we love a good chicken dinner . . . but sometimes you just have to shake it up and serve something besides chicken. These marinated turkey breasts are an absolute winner with everyone!
They are loaded with flavor (the longer they marinade, the more flavorful they will be) and they are made using ingredients you have in your pantry.
I found these boneless turkey breasts at the grocery store, but turkey breast tenderloins will work as well.
Sometimes my grocery store won’t have packaged turkey breasts like this sitting out, so don’t be afraid to ask the butcher if he has any behind the counter.
And no worries if you can’t find turkey breasts – this marinade works great with chicken too!
Ingredients needed for Marinated Turkey Breast:
- Boneless turkey breast
- Vegetable oil
- Soy sauce
- Lemon juice
- Dried basil
- Black pepper
How to make Marinated Turkey Breast:
Step 1: Mix together marinade. In a small bowl add the vegetable oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, dried basil, and black pepper and mix until combined, then pour the mixture into a gallon-sized resealable bag.
Step 2: Add the turkey breasts to the resealable bag. Shake or toss the bag a bit to make sure that then mixture covers the turkey completely.
Step 3: Put the bag with the marinated turkey breast in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours for the meat to absorb all of the flavors of the oil, lemon, and honey mixture.
Step 4: Preheat the grill. Heat the grill to high heat and get the turkey from the refrigerator. Now that the turkey breasts have marinated for 4 or more hours, remove the turkey from the resealable bag and discard the remaining marinade.
Step 5: Cook the turkey breasts. Lightly oil up the grate with your favorite non-stick spray. Place the marinated turkey breasts on the grill and close the lid. Leave the turkey breast on the grill for about 15 minutes before flipping them over and let them grill for another 15 minutes or until the thickest part of the turkey breast is at least 165 degrees.
You could even leave this turkey marinating overnight and the turkey breast will be even more tender and flavorful!
We served this turkey with our easy Skillet Potatoes!
Pro Tips to know:
- Like I have mentioned before, make sure you marinate this for AT LEAST 4 hours but can be marinated for up to 2 days.
- Do NOT marinate turkey for longer than 2 days as it will begin to get tough and dense from the acidity.
- You can freeze the marinated turkey breasts, just make sure to do it in the 2 day window and then pull it out the night before to let it thaw in the fridge.
Related Recipe: We have The BEST Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe (with step by step instructions on how to cook your bird). So tender and moist.
Nutrition facts for this recipe:
|Calories: 317||Total Fat: 6g||Carbohydrates: 2.2g||Protein: 59.8 g|
|Fiber: 0.2 g||Saturated Fat: 1 g||Sodium: 405 mg||Sugar: 1 g|
|Cholesterol: 164 mg|
*This recipe makes 6 servings; nutrition facts listed above are for 1 serving.
Looking for more turkey recipes?
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Recipe
- Easy Turkey Meatloaf
- Maple Glazed Turkey Breast
- Slow Cooker Turkey and Stuffing
- How To Cook a Turkey in a Convection Oven
Easy Marinated Turkey Breast Recipe
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3 pound) turkey breast
- In a gallon-sized resealable bag, mix together vegetable oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, basil, and black pepper.
- Add turkey breast to bag and let marinate for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- Remove turkey breast from bag and discard marinade.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Place turkey breasts on the grill. Close the lid, and grill turkey breasts about 15 minutes on each side, or to an internal temperature of 170 degrees F (68 degrees C).
WANT TO HAVE MORE RECIPES AT YOUR FINGERTIPS??
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!