Easy tomato soup recipe
My family loves grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner on cold nights, but I don’t love canned soup. This Easy Homemade Tomato Soup can be made in about 30 minutes and is so much better than anything you can buy at the store.
I love that this Easy Tomato Soup Recipe uses canned tomatoes so I can throw it together in a hurry because I always have the ingredients I need on hand.
This tomato soup is so easy and delicious, you’ll never want canned tomato soup ever again!
looking for another simple soup recipe? Try our wendy’s Copycat chili recipe!
How To Make The Best Homemade Tomato Soup:
Melt butter in a stock pot or large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add minced garlic and cook for 1-2 more minutes, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning.
Stir and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes.
Remove soup from heat and use an immersion blender (or pour into a regular blender, if desired) and blend until smooth and creamy.
Serve warm and enjoy!
What to serve with Tomato Soup:
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
- Grilled Cheese Sliders
- Ham & Cheese Sliders
- Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Grilled Cheese Roll Ups
Is Tomato Soup good for you?
Believe it or not, there are a lot of benefits to eating tomato soup! Tomatoes are high in Vitamin A which can improve vision, help prevent night blindness, prevents kidney stones and gallstones and much more.
Tomato soup is also low in fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol, contains at least 10% of the daily amount of vitamins C, iron, calcium, protein, and fiber.
However, not all tomato soups are created equal. If you are wanting a tomato soup that is lower in calories and fat, it should have a tomato or broth base rather than a cream base.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
The best homemade tomato soup recipes:
- Garden Fresh Tomato Soup
- Best Tomato Soup Ever from the Pioneer Woman
- Best Classic Tomato Soup
- Best Creamy Tomato Soup
- Easy 3-Ingredient Tomato Soup
Easy Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Melt butter in a stock pot or large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1-2 more minutes, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning.
- Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and use an immersion blender (or pour into a regular blender, if desired) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve warm.
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Questions & Reviews