If your kids are anything like mine I ask them what they want for breakfast and their answer is normally cinnamon rolls. Well, now you can make this cinnamon rolls recipe and surprise them the next time they ask!
Soon your kids will begin to ask for these cinnamon roll twists by name, that just how awesome they are! Plus, you can add this to the list of things to make with pizza dough!
I always grab the pizza dough in the store with good intentions to make pizza but let be honest sometimes it just doesn’t happen. So, now I can repurpose the unused pizza dough with a recipe my kids love, okay, I love them too, I admit it!
If you need more breakfast (or any time of the day) rolls recipes to try you need to take a look at the BEST homemade cinnamon rolls recipe, our mini raspberry rolls, and don’t even get me started on our mini pumpkin cinnamon rolls. These will all have you coming back for more, or probably needing to make more.
Take a look at everything needed for these cinnamon twists with Pillsbury dough:
Cinnamon twists breadsticks ingredients:
- Pizza dough (we used THIS refrigerator dough)
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
For the pizza dough if you aren’t a fan of the premade dough you might want to try out this easy homemade pizza dough recipe from Joy Food Sunshine!
Extra items you need for this quick and fast dessert recipe:
- Cookie sheet
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Rolling pin
- 2 Small mixing bowl
- Pastry brush (THESE work great)
- Sharp knife/pizza cutter
KEEP UP YOUR HEALTHY MEALS WITH HELP FROM US!
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a Healthy Menu Plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!
Time to get rolling (or twisting) with this cinnamon roll recipe!
To start, make sure to preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Then get our a cookie sheet out and spray it with non-stick cooking spray (or parchment paper works as well).
Then, lightly dust a small part of your counter with all-purpose flour and take your pizza dough and roll it out until it is about a ¼ inch or so thick.
Next, in a small mixing bowl, combine together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and the cinnamon. Using the pastry brush, brush the melted butter over the entire surface of the pizza dough.
Once all the dough is covered in butter, sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture over top of the melted butter as evenly as you can.
After the cinnamon-sugar mixture has been spread, take the dough and fold it in half the long way. Then, using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the dough into about 12 strips that are about 1 inch thick.
Then, take each of the strips and using your hands twist them once or twice and pinch the open end together slightly and place the strip on the baking sheet. Continue doing this with all of the strips.
Once all of the strips are twisted and on the greased cookie sheet, pop them in the oven for 11-12 minutes at 375 degrees or until they are slightly golden.
While those are baking, get out another small mixing bowl to make the icing. Mix together the melted butter (not the same butter from earlier), powdered sugar, milk, and the vanilla extract until everything is completely combined.
PRO TIP: You can add more or less powdered sugar depending on how thick you want the frosting.
Feel free to choose whether you would like to ice the cinnamon roll twists right when they come out and are hot, or after they cool down, or even use the icing to dip the twists into!
Check this out!
On our YouTube channel, we have so many of our great recipes available for you to watch from start to finish. An easy recipe that you can try is how to make the best homemade rolls in 30 minutes! They are a great addition to any meal and can pull the whole thing together!
TRY THE BEST ROLLS RECIPES EVER!
- HOMEMADE APPLE CINNAMON ROLLS RECIPE
- HOMEMADE ORANGE ROLLS RECIPE
- RASPBERRY SWEET ROLLS WITH CREAM CHEESE GLAZE RECIPE
- CAKE MIX S’MORES CINNAMON ROLLS
- QUICK CARAMEL SWEET ROLLS RECIPE
Recipe slightly adapted from Rumbly Tumbly
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
- 1 (13.8 oz) tube refrigerated pizza dough (or your favorite homemade pizza dough – I used Pillsbury brand)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar (more or less, depending on how thick you want your frosting)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray (or use parchment paper or a silpat liner ).
- Roll out your pizza dough on a lightly floured surface (or just push it out with your fingers).
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Brush melted butter over the entire surface of the dough and sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture evenly on top.
- Fold the dough in half (long ways or as my kids would say: like a hot dog bun). Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut dough into 12 skinny strips (about 1″ thick). Take each strip, and while holding the ends, twist around once or twice and place on the cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough strips.
- Cook for 11-12 minutes (or until they are slightly golden).
- While the twists are baking, mix together the frosting ingredients. You can either drizzle the frosting over the hot twists or wait until they cool down. My kids also like to use the frosting as a dip.