I love homemade rolls. My go-to recipe is our Easy Homemade Rolls and I decided to put a little twist on them. These sweet rolls are easy to make and are great for breakfast or dessert.
They come together in a matter of minutes, and are seriously so easy to make. They only require a few simple ingredients and are ready in no time.
They really are so sweet, you could easily eat them for dessert. I like them for breakfast, but I don’t think anyone will be complaining if they get to bite down on one of these for dessert.
They only take a few minutes and I promise, this is one bread recipe that is so easy, you won’t mess it up.
How sticky should my bread dough be?
It’s normal for bread dough to be a little sticky, however, if it’s too sticky, it may have been a problem with the yeast.
Either it wasn’t heated enough, or was overheated. Be sure when you add your water, it is the right temperature.
We aim for 100 – 110 degrees F, when we add our water to our yeast.
So not scorching hot, but warmer than luke warm.
It could also be, that you need to add a little more flour to your rolls. You can easily knead it in with your hands.
Here is what I like to do:
- Spread out a little four on the counter.
- Grab my dough as best as I can and knead it into the flour surface, with flour on my hands.
- Continue to add more flour to the counter, and kneading as necessary.
- Give it another chance to rise, and absorb the flour better. Careful to only add a little flour at a time, to keep it from getting dry, or adding too much.
Watch how to make another raspberry favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch how to make another raspberry inspired dessert recipe, here:
Looking for more raspberry desserts? here are a few of our favorites:
- Raspberry Fluff Jello Salad
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Jello Salad
- Frozen Raspberry Pie
- Raspberry Chocolate Mousse Brownie Cups
- Frozen Raspberry Lemonade Pie
Raspberry Sweet Rolls Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup water warm
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter softened
- ¾ cup raspberry jam
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- Mix yeast, sugar, eggs, water, butter and salt together in a large bowl, all at once. Add 4 cups of all-purpose flour. Mix well with a spoon, cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to rise 4-6 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Do not knead the dough. Roll out dough into a long, thin rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread on softened butter. Spread raspberry jam in an even layer and tightly roll into a jellyroll shape, starting at the long end of the dough. Use a string or floss to cut dough into 1-inch pieces and place into a greased 9x13-inch baking pan (I placed 15 rolls in a 9x13-inch pan so the rolls were touching). Cover and let raise an additional 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Whisk together glaze ingredients drizzle over baked rolls.
- Large Bowl
- Baking Sheet
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!