Our kids are back in the kitchen sharing this quick treat idea: Chocolate Covered Cherries.
Such a simple dessert, that is so yummy. Our kids go crazy for these.
To our kids, taking pictures of your food and talking about each step as you make it is normal to them . . . ha ha.
It’s how life is when your moms are bloggers. So every once in a while, we will be sharing a recipe and video on our YouTube channel that the kids make themselves.
They are pretty hilarious and way cuter than we are, so we hope you enjoy.
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel so that you don’t miss a single recipe these cute kids put together.
what other fruit could i make this recipe with?
I love chocolate fountains. My kids and I have recently started doing fondue nights, when dad has a business trip, and it just makes the night a little more festive.
We have recently been trying a few fruit and chocolate combinations, and here are a few of our favorite:
- clementines (cuties)
- mandarin oranges
We love it all. We have also tried freeze dried and dehydrated fruit with a lot of these, and that is also a delicious combination.
You could also switch it up and do some sugary treats, such as:
- cinnamon bears
- graham crackers or Teddy Grahams
- rice krispie treats
- vanilla wafers
- cookies (mini chocolate chip, Nutter Butters, peanut butter, Oreo’s, wafer cookies, etc.).
Really what can’t you dip?
how to keep your chocolate from losing it’s creamy texture:
The key to keeping your chocolate creamy (and not lumpy) when dipping fruits, it to completely dry off your fruit.
You can pat them down with a paper towel, or let them sit in a strainer for a while, but as soon as moisture gets into your melted chocolate, there is no going back.
Be sure your fruit is completely dry before dipping.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
looking for more kid friendly recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- No Bake Chocolate Bird Egg Nest Cookies
- Kid Friendly Trail Mix
- Mini Monkey Bread Muffins
- Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Bites
Easy Chocolate Covered Cherries Recipe
- 8 ounces jar maraschino cherries with stems well-drained
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave and stir until smooth.
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Dip a cherry in the melted chocolate and place on prepared baking sheet. Let set up for 10-20 minutes and then enjoy!